By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TheRealMafoo said:
Slimebeast said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Oh, and Hawkeye, a Warning about Starcraft....

If you came here and said "I want a console, and the only thing it MUST have, is the letters o, s, y, and n in it's name, he would find a way to promote the 360 as a better fit for your needs.

While he as said very little wrong in this thread, take what he says with a grain of salt. He is more interested in pushing the 360 then he is in making sure you have the best platform for your needs.

Geez... I'm about to explode now. What about all the PS3-fanboys in the thread??? They're trying to push their console even more.

Very unfair post.

Well, I said the PS2+360 option was not a bad idea, so you can't be talking about me.

I think for the needs of this person, the PS3 is the obvious choice. Regardless of the PS3 or 360, he wants to play PS2 games. That's in effect a $129 savings off a BC PS3, and the PS3 plays the PS2 games better on an HDTV then the PS2 does.

He has a PSP. There are loads of cool things you get with the PS3 if you have a PSP.

He said he wants to better utilizes his HDTV when watching Movies. Both will do that (the 360 upscales, and has HD DLC), but the PS3 is the obvious choice if you want a console that is the best HD movie player.

More times then not in these kinds of threads, I end up recommending the 360 when people ask. for this individuals needs and current equipment, the PS3 is the better choice.

No one who is saying get a PS3 is saying so for reasons that are unreasonable. hell, Starcraft has not been unreasonable. But he would NEVER, and I mean NEVER recommend that someone get a PS3 over a 360. This thread is about "what console should I get". I think Hawkeye should know that when taking Starcrafts comments into account.

That is true. Also PS3 has quite a few games I want, like Rachet futre and Oblivion and LGP and Disagaea 3. However I feel 360 has 2x or even 3x the number of games I want. And I could play it online with my friends. Only problem wiht noline is though, my router is upstatirs and my console would be in the basment, so I would have to buy a router extension and an $100 wireless reciever for my 360 (friend had to buy that)

So I really have no idea which is better. No one seems to agree on which is better either XD

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
starcraft said:
Hawkeye said:
starcraft said:
Hawkeye said:
Blacksaber said:
I would say this go for the 360 now and a get a PS2 after the price cut.

But isn't 360 getting an $100 price cut this fall?

No chance. A small cut maybe, but if you look at MS's latest quarter, they dont have the margin for a cut that big. Yes they are starting to introduce cheaper models, but they still dont want to slip back into the red.

That sucks. Is the$280 arcade version online and HD cabable? Or are those features stipped to make it $70 cheaper?

No. The arcade cannot go online, but it is HD capable.

Does it come with a component cable? The Wii didn't come with one and I still havn't gotten one. And is there any way that I can play $50 later or something and make the aracade go online? Buy a $50 hard drive or something?

Yes.  IT comes with a component cable.  To the best of my knowledge it comes with component cables.  It also has an HDMI port, but doesnt come with an HDMI cable.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Hawkeye,

Please buy an X360. We will embrace you on the MS forum.

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Slimebeast said:

Geez... I'm about to explode now. What about all the PS3-fanboys in the thread??? They're trying to push their console even more.

Very unfair post.

Well, I said the PS2+360 option was not a bad idea, so you can't be talking about me.

I think for the needs of this person, the PS3 is the obvious choice. Regardless of the PS3 or 360, he wants to play PS2 games. That's in effect a $129 savings off a BS PS3, and the PS3 plays the PS2 games better on an HDTV then the PS2 does.

He has a PSP. There are loads of cool things you get with the PS3 if you have a PSP.

He said he wants to better utilizes his HDTV when watching Movies. Both will do that (the 360 upscales, and has HD DLC), but the PS3 is the obvious choice if you want a console that is the best HD movie player.

More times then not in these kinds of threads, I end up recommending the 360 when people ask. for this individuals needs and current equipment, the PS3 is the better choice.

No one who is saying get a PS3 is saying so for reasons that are unreasonable. hell, Starcraft has not been unreasonable. But he would NEVER, and I mean NEVER recommend that someone get a PS3 over a 360. This thread is about "what console should I get". I think Hawkeye should know that when taking Starcrafts comments into account.

The PS2 is likely the next console that will get a price cut. Its not the one to buy right now. Its the one to buy at the end of the year.

And I have recommended (three times now) that HAwkeye get a PS3 if he really wants blu-ray.

Yep, but I want games for summer. Though I could easily get a summer job and buy all the PSP games I want including time suckers like FFT and Disagaea afternoon of darkness. May be I should wait until fall, when the lineups are more clear, and potential pricut have been made.

starcraft said:
Hawkeye said:
starcraft said:
Hawkeye said:
Blacksaber said:
I would say this go for the 360 now and a get a PS2 after the price cut.

But isn't 360 getting an $100 price cut this fall?

No chance. A small cut maybe, but if you look at MS's latest quarter, they dont have the margin for a cut that big. Yes they are starting to introduce cheaper models, but they still dont want to slip back into the red.

That sucks. Is the$280 arcade version online and HD cabable? Or are those features stipped to make it $70 cheaper?

No.  The arcade cannot go online, but it is HD capable.

What? No online?? I thought it was just missing a hard drive. The arcade really is a bag of balls.

Around the Network
starcraft said:

And I have recommended (three times now) that HAwkeye get a PS3 if he really wants blu-ray. 

Then I apologize. Thanks for looking at the needs of the user. I underestimated you :)

Hawkeye said:
TheRealMafoo said:

That is true. Also PS3 has quite a few games I want, like Rachet futre and Oblivion and LGP and Disagaea 3. However I feel 360 has 2x or even 3x the number of games I want. And I could play it online with my friends. Only problem wiht noline is though, my router is upstatirs and my console would be in the basment, so I would have to buy a router extension and an $100 wireless reciever for my 360 (friend had to buy that)

So I really have no idea which is better. No one seems to agree on which is better either XD

If the 360 has two or even three times the number of games you want I cant believe we are still having this conversation.  It sounds like this has never been about me talking you into getting a 360, its been about Mafoo and Darth talking you out of one.

You dont have to buy Microsoft's router.  Get a third party one (I think they are like $10-15 there in the USA) and it will work just as well. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Hawkeye said:

The bolded line alone, is reason to get a 360. Just don't get the Arcade... never... if you do, people will come to your house and club you in your sleep. It's that bad of an option.

You can also get 3rd party wireless for about 60 bucks. I would go that route, as it works with anything with an ethernet port (like the PS2 you want) 

Wow, this thread really exploded. As to my post on page 2, it does count towards the 80gb versions. And Walmart's lasts through the 14th, don't know about Bestbuy, haven't been there since finding out about this. So it probably won't work out for the OP. Though it sounds like he wants a PS3 to play some PS2 games and the PS3 will be getting sequels to some of those. If I were him I would do like has been suggested, get a PS2 now, play those games, and around the holidays there might be a price drop for one or both systems and you can re-evaluate your financial position then as to which one you want.

starcraft said:
Hawkeye said:
TheRealMafoo said:

If the 360 has two or even three times the number of games you want I cant believe we are still having this conversation. It sounds like this has never been about me talking you into getting a 360, its been about Mafoo and Darth talking you out of one.

You dont have to buy Microsoft's router. Get a third party one (I think they are like $10-15 there in the USA) and it will work just as well.

Well, the PS3 I think is going to get more games I want in the future, and by then end of 2010 or so the two systems should even out... and the PS3 has other feautres the 360 lacks.