By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What good SRPGs are out/coming out for PS2 and PS3?

I am trying to decide between getting a 360 and a PS3, and one of my favoirte genres is the Japense strategy role playing genre. Could someone please list all the good PS2/PS3 SRPGs that are out or are announced? Thanks!

Around the Network

PS3?

Tears to Tiara
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=27673

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles
http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=18897

That's all I can remember from the top of my head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

PS3 is getting Disgaea 3 as well as Valkyria Chronicles. I'm sure there will be a share of Nippon Ichi games heading to the system as well. Tears to Tiara looks pretty good too, hoping it comes to North America.

Some others are listedhere :

pearljammer said:
PS3 is getting Disgaea 3 as well as Valkyria Chronicles. I'm sure there will be a share of Nippon Ichi games heading to the system as well. Tears to Tiara looks pretty goo too, hoping it comes to North America.

Yeah. They spent a significan amount of time studying the PS3. To use it just on Disgaea 3 would be a waste.

Valkria Chronicles is the only notable SRPG to me right now though. Disgaia 3 i'm not really interested in. Though i'ms ure i'll get it at some point.

PS3 is getting a super robot wars game as well if you aren't above importing. Since it almost definitly won't get an english version. I know i'll end up importing it.

Sadly the portable systems seem like the SRPG systems.

are there alot of PS2 strategy Rpgs as well? I brief search revealed that there are 2 disgaea games and a game called "la pucille" by the same people. Also I read in IGN white knight chronicles or something like that is coming out...
on a side note, it there any backwards compatible PS3 even available on the market?

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
are there alot of PS2 strategy Rpgs as well? I brief search revealed that there are 2 disgaea games and a game called "la pucille" by the same people. Also I read in IGN white knight chronicles or something like that is coming out...
on a side note, it there any backwards compatible PS3 even available on the market?
Yes,the MGS bundle has the old 80GB ps3.
It should be Backward Compatible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Hawkeye said:

There are numerous SRPG's to choose from on the PS2. La Pucelle Tactics, Phantom Brave, Disgaea 1 & 2, and even Chaos Wars is a new one that looks quite promising.

...good...SRPGs...?

Hawkeye said:

Oh yeah. I've got a ton of PS2 SRPGs.

Also their are a lot of awesome PS1 RPGs you may not have got your hands on like Front Mission 3 and Tactics Ogre. Which honestly beat any of the PS2 SRPGs... but they are cool as well.

Phantom Brave is currently my favorite Nippon Ichi strategy game.

The story is the weakest but the gameplay is the strongest in my opinion.

Valkyria has one of the most unique visual styles ever....i would say its worth buying a PS3 just to play that, but you should buy a PS3 because in technical terms its the most accomplished of the three next gen systems.

And it has MGS4

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot