By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NHL: 2008-2009 Offseason Thread

It's going to be busy busy in the next few weeks. Buyouts in 5 days, draft in less than 2 weeks. Life will be good. Hockey lives on, it's an ALL YEAR sport. :D

Around the Network

Did we waste a year for no reason?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=240324&lid=sublink012&lpos=headlines_nhl

Todd McLellan, the assistant coach of the Red Wings (and has a cup now with them) is the new head coach for the San Jose Sharks -

http://sharks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=365760

Also Nabokov, the goaltender for the Sharks, got ROBBED of the Vezina trophy for best goaltender which was awarded to Martin Brodeur yet again (and despite Nabby having more wins than Brodeur).

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

the Pens are going to Marian Hossa over Ryan Malone, i dont want to lose the hometown boy though. They filed for arbritration for Fluery so he's kinda forced to play another season with pittsburgh. I like the decisions and the priorities the pens are showing.

Just wondering, are there any Phoenix Coyotes fans. they are my second favorite team, oddly enough.

Out of the big three UFAs for the Penguins, I'd lose Malone over Hossa and Orpik. Hossa is the only scoring winger we have to play next to Sid and perhaps our best defensive forward, and Orpik is our true stay at home defenseman. Malone, as much as I like him, doesn't leave as big a hole in the roster. We can slot Talbot or Dupuis, or maybe Caputi from the Baby Pens to skate alongside Malkin and Sykora.

Around the Network
Papa Rokks said:
the Pens are going to Marian Hossa over Ryan Malone, i dont want to lose the hometown boy though. They filed for arbritration for Fluery so he's kinda forced to play another season with pittsburgh. I like the decisions and the priorities the pens are showing.

Just wondering, are there any Phoenix Coyotes fans. they are my second favorite team, oddly enough.

I'm not a Phoenix Fan but they got Olli Jokinen from the Florida Panthers today for 2 players & a draft pick during today's draft. The draft started just a little bit ago.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

WTF are the Flyers doing!!!??? Umberger and Prospal are gone....

O-D-C said:
WTF are the Flyers doing!!!??? Umberger and Prospal are gone....

Propspal was just a rental........so they're lucky to get anything back at all. The Umberger one I agree.......maybe they're scared Brian Campbell ruined his career?

I think montreal will have a chance this year

they have the same core group that got them first in the east last year and they added some skill with Alex Tanguay. Also they are interested in Mats Sundin.

But Detroit will repeat! haha

A hell of a trade for Olli Jokinen. Hopefully the Coyotes can finally get back to at least the playoffs...maybe.

About the Pens, I dont know if they are going to get Marian Hossa. I hope the Pens can strike a deal cuz we need someone to skate with Crosby.