By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best PS3 video that I have ever seen

7.5/10

It was good and had some good facts (the dell PC/360 part!)

but lots of bias. And they used Japan sales to show the PS3 is selling 4x more than 360.

They could have just said Its selling more worldwide, which is true.

Around the Network
jerseyboy609 said:
@disolitude, instead of displaying ignorance, why don't you tell us what's wrong with the video

I can't sit through that video again. Its a waste of time...

I told you about the bluray vs DL DVD read speed...DL DVD in xbox destroys ps3 bluray in read speed (more than 2X as fast) and thats why ps3 needs installs.

The whole video is composed of a lot of..."Some games look a little better on 360 because they were made for the 360...BUT BURNOUT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER BECAUSE IT WAS MADE FOR PS3!!!!"

There hasn't been an unbiased video on yourube since its creation btw.

I really want that song that startsat about 5.34

Anyone have an idea what's it called?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

If I were to break it down:

Factual Info: 60%

Skewed Info: 20% <---Part truth part lies

False Info: 20% 

I never knew about that old dell PC, that is fucking hilarous. 

naum - Summer Overature. Music made for a great movie called Requim for a Dream. The movie is divided between seasons that is the song introducing the summer. Hence its name. They stole their moms tv to sell it for drugs and come up with a get rich quick scheme. From there it shows how drugs deteriorate peoples lives. hence the name of the movie. its the same director who does the movie "Pi" (Its the algebraic sign for the circles circumference) directors name is darren aronofsky

Around the Network

I wouldn't say this video was from a 'non-fanboy', lol.

yea I guess, but he neve said that 360 sucks

Lots of good information, a few small inaccuracies. A nice summary.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Defensive propaganda. The video doesn't even pretend to hide its massive bias so I have no idea why the OP tried to hand-wave it away.

MikeB, I know that you love to do similar "persuasive" analyses of PS3 vs. 360 tech, so I'm sure you loved that section of the video, but surely you can acknowledge that the whole thing was smoke and mirrors. When they talked about the relative disc formats, for instance, they showed Blu-ray having a MASSIVE data transfer / rotation speed advantage -- but they failed to examine whether that outweighed the 360's rotation speed advantage!

I didn't expect you to denounce this video, but I'm disappointed in your nearly wholehearted endorsement.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@ Final-Fan

The tech analysis had some flaws and wasn't in depth. With regard to Blu-Ray disc rotation its accurate to say the drive needs to spin much slower than DVD drives need to to achieve similar transfer speeds. Advantages include less risk of drive wearing (/no disc scratching with BD) and less drive noise in this regard.

With regard to the actual performance of both drives, assuming the software makes good use of these drives:

"From my own personal experience testing a Sony BD-RE drive (actually uses a Panasonic drive mechanism) and a Hitachi-LG drive of similar specs, for similar sized data sets the BD drive typically has almost the same if not significantly faster random seek times. That's generally because data sets between 4-8GB span the entire disc for for DVD-ROM while only covering a third of a BD-ROM, so on average a BD-ROM is going to have seek times in the range 50-100ms with a worst case scenario of around 200-230ms. The DVD-ROM drive will average between 110-150ms with a worst case scenario of around 170-230ms.

Of course once you start getting into larger data sets that that Blu-Ray can handle the average and worst case scenarios (which is an entire disc sweep which takes around 350-400ms) will eclipse the worst case conditions on a DVD-ROM. That being said, even with 23+GB of data with a 100 randomly generate seek sectors I still get around 100ms on average. Besides, if you find the need to randomly jump around to random sectors greater than 4GB in span, then your title has bigger issues than the capabilities of the drive."

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=42157&highlight=speed&page=2

"2x Blu-ray Drive (72Mbps(9MB/s))
Single Layer (2http://www.neogaf.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10460097
NeoGAF - Reply to Topicx CLV) - Constant Linear Velocity (Same speed across entire disk)
Double Layer - Couldn't find any data but no games have been released on a double layer yet.

Entire Blu-ray Disk is read at 9MB/s.

12x DVD-Rom Drive SL (9.25MB/S-15.85MB/s(AVG ~8x(10.57MB/s) DL (4.36MB/s-10.57MB/s(AVG ~6x(7.93MB/s)
SL(DVD-5) 12x Max (5-12x Full CAV) - Constant Angular Velocity (Speed Varies from edge to edge)
DL(DVD-9) 8x Max (3.3-8x Full CAV) - Constant Angular Velocity (Speed Varies from edge to edge)

SL DVD is 1.57MB/s > SL Blu-ray
DL DVD is 1.07MB/s < SL Blu-ray

Majority of 360 games are on DVD-9."

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=42157

The main advantage of Blu-Ray disc is of course far more data storage capability.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales