By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boycott Square Enix! or "Why are SE's games so expensive?"

papflesje said:
Complaining for $40? LOL

Come over to Europe and see what they charge us for games. Then you'll stop complaining. The only ones who have a right to complain about the amount they charge for games, are Europeans.

Australia would probably disagree.  I mean at least European games need localization.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Honestly, they expect us to pay $40 for a handheld game? They price both their new games and their remakes for $40. You're getting more out of a Wii/PS3/369 game in terms of graphics, space, etc. (though you may not like the game more). Do they really expact us to pay $40 willingly for a handheld game? The only SE games I will pay $40 for is TWEWY, KH, and DQ IX. Besides that, tough luck getting my money SE until your game prices drop to $20. Boycott SE! :P /Rant

How much money are you even going to have left after those 3 games?  What with your parents not giving you money.

In Sweden for new games:

around 65$ for DS
around 80$ for Wii
around 100$ for PS3/360

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Why not just wait to buy a used copy, or keep your eyes open for sales? That's what I do, since the ten dollar extra charge is pretty absurd.

I don't mind paying for a relatively high price for a handheld game. Just as long as they're good. I'm hoping the SO remakes on the PSP are good.

Around the Network

Im waiting for FF:CC DS to come down to $30.

"Like you know"

The reason why most European countries charge more for luxury goods is because of super-high taxes. Gotta' support those universal health care systems somehow! ;)

Anyway, Square can get away with it because people will buy their games anyway. They're just playing the market and laughing all the way to the bank as they continue to profit off of 15 year old games.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

lol 40$ for one game would be sweet in Norway. Average price for a ps3/360 game is about 120$ , not only that the ps3 cost 1200$ when it first was released ,you simply got no reason to complain

Oh wah wah. 40 Dollars.

If a handheld game is pretty damn long, you can expect it might have had a higher development cost so they'll make a profit on sales.

Jeez, it is only, what, 10 Dollars more than a normal new DS game? What about HD games? They're ten dollars more than last generation.

And weren't the cartidge games of NES-N64 like $70?

Quit your bitchin'. We have it better now.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Soriku said:
Kasz216 said:
Soriku said:
Honestly, they expect us to pay $40 for a handheld game? They price both their new games and their remakes for $40. You're getting more out of a Wii/PS3/369 game in terms of graphics, space, etc. (though you may not like the game more). Do they really expact us to pay $40 willingly for a handheld game? The only SE games I will pay $40 for is TWEWY, KH, and DQ IX. Besides that, tough luck getting my money SE until your game prices drop to $20. Boycott SE! :P /Rant

How much money are you even going to have left after those 3 games?  What with your parents not giving you money.

They only buy me games on certain occasions. B-day, end of school year, and Christmas. Won't hurt me, but $40 is still expensive. At least if they were cheaper I could MAYBE get two games or something...

Well maybe they don't want to spoil you, or maybe you don't deserve more games, or it could be that they are too cheap.  It could also be that they just don't like you.  Many different reasons besides a high price point being the cause.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title