By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boycott Square Enix! or "Why are SE's games so expensive?"

They are doing you a favor by re-releasing games that you were too young/didn't even exist when they were first released. Don't want them then don't buy them, they aren't over-priced since they are selling. Too expensive for you maybe but people are buying them so ask mom and dad for more $$$.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Around the Network

DS/PSP games are usually more expensive than that in Japan (especially now that the $ has fallen in value).

I just bought DQIV on the DS and it was on sale and ended up costing me over $45! I think the regular price is over $50!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

lol, here's your choice.

get good game from SE for 40 bucks, or get crapware for 20 bucks.

your choice.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It's because with the newer DS re-releases, they are getting upgraded graphics (so a new engine) and additional content. That is (almost) like saying that every game that uses the unreal engine should be cheaper because we are getting the same graphical experience (like I said, it's almost the same) AND considering that most of the younger crowd won't have played many of these games so they are technically getting a new experience.

I'm getting a little sick of having to repeatedly buy the "definitive" version of a game and then having it get dethrowned by another port, but that's my only issue with re-releases.

Well, us Europeans have to pay $40 for any handheld game, if we buy them off the web at a discount (sometimes they can be $60), though the FF remakes can be found at £10 from amazon. I think all Europeans should boycott all video games as we are ripped of when compared to the US's prices

Around the Network

Complaining for $40? LOL

Come over to Europe and see what they charge us for games. Then you'll stop complaining. The only ones who have a right to complain about the amount they charge for games, are Europeans.

Munkeh111 said:
Well, us Europeans have to pay $40 for any handheld game, if we buy them off the web at a discount (sometimes they can be $60), though the FF remakes can be found at £10 from amazon. I think all Europeans should boycott all video games as we are ripped of when compared to the US's prices

Yes. The RRP of MGS4 is equivalent to $100 in the UK, and of course we pay $600 for a PS3 and $360 for a Wii. We should boycott all consumer electronics.

Soriku said:
Munkeh111 said:

$60?! Geez. How much are Wii/HD games?

I dunno about Wii, but PS3 games' RRP is £50, or about $100, but you can get them for £40

Soriku said:
Honestly, they expect us to pay $40 for a handheld game? They price both their new games and their remakes for $40. You're getting more out of a Wii/PS3/369 game in terms of graphics, space, etc. (though you may not like the game more). Do they really expact us to pay $40 willingly for a handheld game? The only SE games I will pay $40 for is TWEWY, KH, and DQ IX. Besides that, tough luck getting my money SE until your game prices drop to $20. Boycott SE! :P /Rant

Apparently so.

FFT:TLotL Is definatly worth the $40 it still costs.... (Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP)