By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In hindsight: Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy?

dtewi said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
SM64 I would say it is even better than OoT. I collected all 120 stars in SM64 back in 1997. Never played SMG. I have no interest in Wii.

What the fuck is this? What kind of fucking nonsense is this? I remember in one thread you were saying that you never played OoT and had no idea what platform it was one. Now you're comparing it to SMG and SM64. You say you didn't play SMG so you have no contribution to this thread. And since you didn't play OoT, you can not make a valid comparison of SM64, which I doubt you played at all.

Wait, you seriously tried to make sense of what Rock_on_2008 said?

I have lost all faith in you.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

I didn't play 64 when it first came out, so I have a less biased opinion based solely on how fun the game is now and with no nostaglia at all clouding my opinion

IMO, Galaxy blows 64 out of the water. MUCH better music (even if it wasn't orchestrated), MUCH better level design, way more creative, feels FAR more like 2D Mario...

I'm gonna be honest, I hated the dumb exploration in 64 and Sunshine. Hated it. It did not feel like Mario to me.

When playing 64 I was forcing myself to find stars and looking for the easiest ones to get just so I could beat the game. I went straight to Bowser as soon as I got the stars required. I also did not like how 'clunky' Mario controlled.

When playing Galaxy I was so excited to find and play all the stars. I had gotten around 100 by the time I beat Bowser and the game (40 more stars then required) and now have 117 stars. (Still cannot beat 3 stars...) Mario controls fluently and awesomely, perfect.
I'm glad Galaxy took a new design choice, for it is the best game I have ever played.

P.S. This thread is biased, no option for Sunshine...although no one would pick it

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

SM64, without a doubt.

I agree with Rock on. SM64 is better than OoT.

Both games are go but SM64 because it set the trend for 3D games. It was almost a completely new experience. SMS and SMG weren't as much of a surprise as SM64.

SM64. I'm not sure if it's nostalgia or what, but there's just something about SM64 that makes it a more enjoyable experience to me.

Around the Network

Galaxy, hands down. I'm honestly not sure how anybody can rate Super Mario 64 as better than it, to be honest. Nostalgia must be remarkably powerful for them to do so...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Super Mario Galaxy by far. Tied for my favorite game.

Mario 64 did not wow me at all.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

Score:

SM64: 30 votes
SMG: 20 votes

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Galaxy 100%

Galaxy by a mustache hair. Both are phenomenal. You can't go wrong with either.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger