By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In hindsight: Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy?

Hmm, yeah probably SM64 for me. A lot to do with nostalgia I guess. But Galaxy's awesome too! :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

I would have to say Super Mario 64.

They were both amazing games, but in Super Mario 64 I believe I had more fun. Super Mario Galaxy was a great way to show something new for a Mario game and I loved it, but Super Mario 64 had that magic touch. Also, Super Mario 64 introduced me to gaming, so that is another plus.

So my vote goes to Super Mario 64

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Galaxy for sure! And thats saying alot, I loved Mario 64 but Galaxy was the most fun i have had with a game in years.

SM64 I would say it is even better than OoT. I collected all 120 stars in SM64 back in 1997. Never played SMG. I have no interest in Wii.

Around the Network

If SM64 had Galaxy graphics it would be 100 times better.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Taking into account expectation-inflation and innovation, Super Mario 64 was better. Super Mario Galaxy is nearly the best it could have been based on people's expectations, however.

Definitely SM64. For me it has more fun factor and more replay value. Both were great games, but 64 just beats out Galaxy IMO.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860

Easily Super Mario 64, Galaxy just can't compare to seeing SM64 for the first time.

It is really hard to compete with nostalgia hence why Super Mario 64 will never be topped.

Overall Galaxy is a better game in every single aspect, but Super Mario 64 did it first, and it was more mindblowing at the time. You just can't match the feeling of your first 3-D game (for many people). Same with OoT, it was so mindblowing and revolutionary at the time that it can't be topped.

Had both games been released at the same time (and provided both had similar graphics). I think Galaxy would edge out a win.