By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game have you played the most?

With online
1 Starcraft
2 Warcraft 3
3 Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

Without online
1 Dead or Alive 3
2 Civilization 4
3 Total War Rome
4 Timesplitters Future Perfect
5 Super Mario Bros 3

Note: I have probely played single player so much in Starcraft that it beats probely every other game just with singelplayer.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Around the Network
Machina-AX said:
Diablo 2: LoD

You said it, that mine too, online was especialy addictive, probably clocked over a good 600 hours.

I'm not sure the entire time for each game but here are the stats for game i remember.

FFX - 330 hours.
CoD4 - Over 360 hours for just the online mode, maybe another 20-30 hours for SP.
AoE3 + expansion - 300 to 600 hours.
GTA: Vice city - I can't remember the amount of time, but i remember killing over 100k people. I also maxed out my cash on level 246 of the Brown Thunder mission.

Oblivion and Halo 2. Oblivion=500+ hours. Halo 2=300+ hours. Lots of multiplayer time on the latter.

Pokemon Gold

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
I think you guys are throwing these numbers around a little too lightly. 1000 hours equals 41 days. I understand an MMO it is possible, but AoE? I played alot, and I mean alot, of AoE II and it would probably not come anywhere near 1000 hours.

"Oblivion is my most played single player game in recent years, a bit more than 1000 hours." - And I don't know how you could play this game for 1000 hours. I know a guy who did everything in the game in 80 hours. There is only so much to do on a game that does not have an online component.

Oblivion isn't a game... it's a way of life.

Seriously, if you play through with 6 or 7 different classes, do all the guild quests, side quests, etc., buy houses in each city, try to max out your stats, download the 360 extra content, you can easily put in several hundred hours.

That game was the reason I bought a 360, and now I'm seriously disappointed in the reduced playtime of every game I've bought since.

If I had it for the PC and could download all the mods, etc., I might never stop playing it.  <grin> 

World of Warcraft, NOTHING will ever catch that... I think I was at at least 2 months /played total when I quit...

The Ghost of RubangB said:
It's either MineSweeper, StarCraft, or Super Mario Bros. 1. I've played each for billions of hours. I've had serious addictions to each. I play MineSweeper constantly during any phone call and while I wait for anything to load or install or download. I played StarCraft from about 1999 to 2003 straight. Then around 2004 I got obsessed with SMB1 speedruns, and practiced all day for months straight.

I guess... StarCraft, then SMB1, then MineSweeper. Oh, and Tetris.

Mario speed runs are awesome, my best is 14 mins 18 seconds. I know alot of people that can best me by 3 or 4 minutes though.

crumas2 said:
JaggedSac said:
I think you guys are throwing these numbers around a little too lightly. 1000 hours equals 41 days. I understand an MMO it is possible, but AoE? I played alot, and I mean alot, of AoE II and it would probably not come anywhere near 1000 hours.

"Oblivion is my most played single player game in recent years, a bit more than 1000 hours." - And I don't know how you could play this game for 1000 hours. I know a guy who did everything in the game in 80 hours. There is only so much to do on a game that does not have an online component.

Oblivion isn't a game... it's a way of life.

Seriously, if you play through with 6 or 7 different classes, do all the guild quests, side quests, etc., buy houses in each city, try to max out your stats, download the 360 extra content, you can easily put in several hundred hours.

That game was the reason I bought a 360, and now I'm seriously disappointed in the reduced playtime of every game I've bought since.

If I had it for the PC and could download all the mods, etc., I might never stop playing it.

Yeah, I agree that if you were to do all that 6 times it would equal several hundred.  Not 1000.  And if you did it 6 times, you are easily entertained, because all the dungeons are the same, and the story isn't particularly great, and the combat isn't particularly great.  Don't get me wrong I like the game and beat it, but 1000 hours worth of gameplay it ain't.

Civilization, then...

...Civ2...Civ4...PES4...AoE2...SimCity2000...DuneII...GrandPrix2...AoE...

...DungeonKeeper2...MasterofOrion...MagicCarpet...AllLucasArtsadventuresIown...Civ3