By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Buy the console for the game that is released. God only knows when FFXIII is on shelves and you might be waiting until Holiday 2009 for it. Who knows, it might even take longer than that for all the news we've heard on it for the past year...

Go buy Halo and enjoy it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Most 360 fans I have talked to like CoD4 more than Halo 3, keep that in mind.

lol this thread is going to be destroyed.

you can't just look at one game on each console.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I think the more appropriate question is FPS or RPG? ;)

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
I think the more appropriate question is FPS or RPG? ;)

Well RPG would clearly mean Xbox 360, whether your talking WRPG or JRPG....

As for shooters, unless KZ2 is amazing, the 360 clips the PS3 there too. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Nintendo Zealot said:
Dno said:
whoa whoa fanboyish on this thread huh?
OT SE has never messed up on a main series final fantasy game and they will not start now with this one. Halo 3 is completely over rated and you will be bored in 2 weeks. (i was) plus you should not forget all the other bounses ps3 has.

I say get a 360 now (because it seems u want one) then get a ps3 when ff13 comes out... those will prolly not be the only games you will get there are plenty of games on both systems to hold you over.
Never messed up a main series FF? What about FF8 and FF9?

Hey.... I wouldn't call FF9 messed up. FF8.... go ahead I wouldn't stop you. I hated the draw system thing.

Between those two games, the PS3 wins.

Halo 3 is not even the best FPS on the 360. CoD4 I would say is better (and you can get that on both systems).

If you are more a FPS fan, and like only FF for RPG's, go with the PS3. There are some great FPS's on it, and it's the only console with FFXIII.

If you like RPG's, the 360 has a lot more... a LOT more. Oblivion is better on the PS3 than the 360 (because it came out later), but that's about all you have.

If online FPS action is what you are after, CoD4 is server based on the PS3, and client only based on the 360, so you will get a more lag free experience on the PS3. UT3 is also an incredible thing if you only have a console. Mods will keep that game fresh for a very long time.

Resistance 2 and KZ2 will be great.

So, if you are a FPS fan, ironically the console to go with imo is the PS3.
If you are an RPG fan, ironically the console to go with imo is the 360.

Kind of funny. You would think it would be the other way around.

FF13 is an amazing RPG? Wow I had no idea it was released yet. =P Honestly, do we even have more than just screens of the game yet?

Anyways if I were you, I'd look at all the games on the two consoles and see which games you would buy. Then make your choice of which system is better for you. No matter how amazing (hypothetically)Halo 3 or FF13 may be you will eventually want to play other games, and that is when you will be glad you chose the system that has more games you're excited about!

wel the truth of the matter is that most of 360 exclusives will end up on PC unlike PS3,,,,so if you have a gaming PC,then PS3 would make much more sense.(this reason+reliability issues of 360 made me choose PS3)

SpartanFX said:
wel the truth of the matter is that most of 360 exclusives will end up on PC unlike PS3,,,,so if you have a gaming PC,then PS3 would make much more sense.(this reason+reliability issues of 360 made me choose PS3)

To be honest, at this point, if I have $400-$500 to spend, I would just put it in a PC and buy PC games. We are at the point this gen where PC hardware has passed the consoles, and the consoles have not dropped in price enough to compensate.

If you could get a PS3 or 360 for $199 or $250, then it's a good buy.

I love my PS3 and my 360, but I paid a lot for them 2 and 3 years ago. If right now I had to shell out that kind of cash for 2-3 year old hardware, I am not sure I would do it.