By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "Only geeks want storage on the Wii"

OMG... I'm a nintendo fan, but I can see that if Sony Europe said this, every1 would be like 'omg! omg! sony r arrogant, and they are dissing you'

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

He's totally right. Geek and Otaku ARE the only ones who want more storage space. It's kinda like the definition, after all, we're the ones who care about video games, it's pretty much by definition, like only ambidextrous people want tools that aren't designed to be used in just your right or left hand, or only tall people want doorframes to be higher.

If you think being a geek or otaku is a bad thing, then get out. There are already plenty of us who are proud to admit what we are, so we don't need any posers. Some of us actually have meaningful well rounded and healthy lives on top of it.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Poor guy is pretty far out of the loop.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Ninty focusing on casual market CONFIRMED

Wii not competing vs the PS360 in term of market CONFIRMED

Wii not being the next NES/SNES/PSX/PS2 in term of software domination CONFIRMED

(Wii selling like hot cake for years STILL TRUE
Wii outselling PS2/PS360 WW sales (+150M) STILL TRUE)

Time to Work !

libellule said:

Wii not being the next NES/SNES/PSX/PS2 in term of software domination CONFIRMED

Are you living in your own world? I mean have you seen the amount of Hardcore games that are coming to the Wii.

Welcome to the real world.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
libellule said:

Are you living in your own world? I mean have you seen the amount of Hardcore games that are coming to the Wii.

I think you'll find sarcasm exists in the real world.

^He wasn't being sarcastic, as he spammed a lot of threads with the same post. Learn to understand what is sarcasm or not.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I do not doubt that something like this happened.

However, the quotes mean that it may not be what was actually said.
It could have been -- only a small percentage of gamers have expressed a need for additional storage.

Edge does not have a good web presence (linked up with Next Generation) and does not seem to do much for the Wii -- so not sure who was jabbing who on this one.

But I imagine by the holidays we will have a solution better than the current refrigerator model.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- I cannot find an organizational chart for NoE, but it does not seem this person is in position to make decisions or know everything.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

trestres said:
^He wasn't being sarcastic, as he spammed a lot of threads with the same post. Learn to understand what is sarcasm or not.

I was being sarcastic. Learn when to say learn to understand what is sarcasm and learn to not say it to people who are being sarcastic about people being sarcastic.

Just wait till E3!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot