By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kingdom Hearts Query

Will KHII make sense if i have not played KHI?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

well i got KHII for free. do you think i would be able find KHI for under $10 somewhere?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Yeah, like Soriku was saying, I'm pretty sure it'd be hard to piece together KHII without seeing any KH1 stuff at all :3

It's worth picking up number 1 anyway^^

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

I think you'll be okay.

For the record: I haven't played Kingdom Hearts 2

the story in kh2 doesnt depend on too many things from kh1, but ull be missing a few things that stand out. the game assumes that you know characters, the world stories (each world has a story and some are continued in kh2), and some enemies. i think i favored kh1 overall, but the battle system in kh2 is so ridiculous that it might be hard to go back after kh2.

also u should get COM. it explains the antagonists a bit, a side story (a very important one), and a specific character that would otherwise make u completely confused about her.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

You'll definitely want to play KH1 first. It's a Player's Choice game, so you can find it for about $20. You can technically get by and understand KH2's events on its' own, but a lot of things won't have any real meaning to you without the background.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Both game have there pros and cons

In terms of story:KH2>KH1(not that KH1 had a bad story)

In terms of gameplay:KH2=KH1(though KH2 was made a little to much on the easy side)

Both games are excellent but you should play the first one first. It will make the story in KH2 make more sense and less confusing.

Riachu said:

In terms of gameplay:KH2=KH1(though KH2 was made a little to much on the easy side)

you should probably make it clear that although  they seem similar they have various nuances that make them each stand out.  im not going over them because:  a) they need to be played  b) they are really small, but a lot of them

i thought the story of kh 1 just had this magic that was not completely repeated in kh2 mostly due to it not being the first in the series.  the battle system in kh1 had a better use of magic, was tougher, and more balanced.  kh2 had a more devloped battle system (its really great once u get into it).  kh1 had problems with the camera and making you grind too much.  kh2 had problems with difficulty or lack there of (i died twice outside of going to a world that was too hard.  both were because of transforming into a semi luck based thing that completely gimps u).

important note:  sephiroth in kh1 was better

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

soccerdrew17 said:
Riachu said:

you should probably make it clear that although they seem similar they have various nuances that make them each stand out. im not going over them because: a) they need to be played b) they are really small, but a lot of them

i thought the story of kh 1 just had this magic that was not completely repeated in kh2 mostly due to it not being the first in the series. the battle system in kh1 had a better use of magic, was tougher, and more balanced. kh2 had a more devloped battle system (its really great once u get into it). kh1 had problems with the camera and making you grind too much. kh2 had problems with difficulty or lack there of (i died twice outside of going to a world that was too hard. both were because of transforming into a semi luck based thing that completely gimps u).

important note: sephiroth in kh1 was better

Again I say, KH1's story is by no means bad. I just felt that KH2's story was a little more developed

Soriku said:
Riachu said:
soccerdrew17 said:
Riachu said:

you should probably make it clear that although they seem similar they have various nuances that make them each stand out. im not going over them because: a) they need to be played b) they are really small, but a lot of them

i thought the story of kh 1 just had this magic that was not completely repeated in kh2 mostly due to it not being the first in the series. the battle system in kh1 had a better use of magic, was tougher, and more balanced. kh2 had a more devloped battle system (its really great once u get into it). kh1 had problems with the camera and making you grind too much. kh2 had problems with difficulty or lack there of (i died twice outside of going to a world that was too hard. both were because of transforming into a semi luck based thing that completely gimps u).

important note: sephiroth in kh1 was better

Again I say, KH1's story is by no means bad. I just felt that KH2's story was a little more developed(and maybe a few more interesting plot twists)

KH2's story was emo.

Now KH1...that's a good story :) I want KH3 to be more like KH1 than KH2.
Is a game's story being emo a bad thing?