By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone here that boycotting Ubisoft was pointless/useless right now?

trestres said:
DMeisterJ said:
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Well, for the most part, NMH is done selling, so it's irrelevant if someone does or does not buy the game.

But how many "exceptions" will be made? Is this a one-time deal, or is it "Boycott Ubisoft until they publish a good game, then dont, then continue boycotting again."?

I can't speak for everyone, but I myself put off buying any titles from Ubisoft until their position is clarified. That was what I decided from the beginning. For example, I probably would have bought RRR (the upcoming one which is supposed to use the balance board), but I won't anymore. It's a cute franchise, but not that great. Once Ubisoft shows that they're keeping their promise of having great Wii titles, I'll feel fine about buying their games again (even the not so great ones if I feel like it).

So you're not chickening out and augmenting to the whole "only Boycott Ubisoft developed games, not Ubisoft period"? 

If so, +1 for sticking to what you said, and not changing.

<snip>

I think you're just replying to begin an arguement, like you always do.

<snip>

Same thing you're doing right now?

Around the Network

@DMJ: No, I just like you to understand the logic behind this boycott, but yet again you respond defensively and you are always willing to argue.

Funny how you deleted the whole point of my post... act a bit less bitter and learn to respect other's opinions or actions, they won't always think or act like you would like them to.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I'm bitter?

okay, sure.

We've nothing further to discuss, you're clearly delusional.

sc94597 said:
yushire said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
sc94597 said:
It's not a game developed by them though.
Doesnt matter you still make them money to fund their crappy games on the Wii. The boycott was pointlesss...

But we want good games from ubisoft, not some developer from the street. And personally I don't care if they fund games using the money they get.

Ubi still makes money out of you if you buy this game, so whose the loser here at the end? The one boycotting Ubi or Ubi itself?

YEah, but not as much as somebody who made the game. They also have to spend money for advertisement, and funding game developement. It's not their crappy game. My boycott is against all of their crappy games anyway.

LOL really? Thats not what boycott means though, if you want to boycott something it means total ban of someone's product/softwares and not buying it. Just read zucas's post to see what I mean. Just admit it, Ubi just handed it to you, you really never expect this to happen. Reminds me of a post in gonintendo:

But…

Wait no…

What.

FUCK.

FUUUUUCK.

I’M SO CONFLICTED NOW AUGGHGHJDFGDGFKJHFDG

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:

LOL really? Thats not what boycott means though, if you want to boycott something it means total ban of someone's product/softwares and not buying it. Just read zucas's post to see what I mean. Just admit it, Ubi just handed it to you, you really never expect this to happen.

(...)

^ Bolded.

Actually yushire, it's not that surprising. Ubisoft has long ago published No More Heroes, so it's not surprising that they could do this with another game.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
yushire said:

LOL really? Thats not what boycott means though, if you want to boycott something it means total ban of someone's product/softwares and not buying it. Just read zucas's post to see what I mean. Just admit it, Ubi just handed it to you, you really never expect this to happen.

(...)

^ Bolded.

Actually yushire, it's not that surprising. Ubisoft has long ago published No More Heroes, so it's not surprising that they could do this with another game.

Maybe for you, but members like soriku, trestes and sc94597 theyre completely stunned, and Im quite abit surprised too because I thought its Activision will publish this game never thought its Ubi.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
NJ5 said:
yushire said:

(...)

^ Bolded.

Maybe for you, but members like soriku, trestes and sc94597 theyre completely stunned, and Im quite abit surprised too because I thought its Activision will publish this game never thought its Ubi.

Um no I'm not. I'm not going to buy any low budget ubisoft games.Which is all of them. If they make a high budget game for the wii then I will lift my boycott.This game isn't made by ubisoft and it is pretty high budget so I will get this game. A boycottt isn't meant to harm a company. It just means that you personally don't like that companies products. You guys act like every boycott has to have a point. 

It's no more more pointless/useless now than it was a few days ago.

I'm glad people are finally waking up to themselves.

Boycotts are one of the most powerful ways an collection of individuals can express their displeasure with a corporation. I believe that they're heavily under-used and that people should follow through with their promises of boycotts far more often; I could be wrong but almost all legislation that the government brings up dealing with the negative side effects of corporate actions could have easily been handled through organized boycotts.

With that said, the "Ubisoft Boycott" can not really be called a boycott because (for the most part) people are not choosing to not buy a product they were going to buy as a way of sending a message to Ubisoft; all of these games that people are refusing to buy wouldn't have been purchased by these people regardless of the actions of Ubisoft.

As for me, I'm still keeping the boycott. As I said in the 1st thread when I added it (and what's his face requested we all do it) as long as this boycott is for quality, I will keep it. I liked playing No More Heroes, but Ubisoft didn't develop that, they published it, and barely advertised it.

Tenchu is the same thing as NMH, not made by Ubi, but published by it, which I could care less. Until they make a good game themselves, my little sig statement isn't going anywhere.

As for No More Heroes being done selling, it's not. It may not stay consistently above 4,500 a week worldwide, but it is still selling. When it gets below 1000, then you can say its done.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."