By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Channel speed?

It seems to take ages to load a movie on Nintendo Channel.

I checked my router bandwidth monitor and there is only a ~250 Kbps wireless traffic. I have a 7 Mbps connection (tested).

Around the Network

It loads the movies very quickly for me.

Same here, I'm having no problems a all, it loads them instantly, even faster than youtube movies. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

No problems here... videos takes like 5 seconds to start, but after the 5 seconds, everything streams good. I have a 4MB connection.

Maybe you need to upgrade your Dynex router.

=p

I have a lowly 2MB connection, and it takes about 5 seconds to start, but doesnt buffer anywhere. The only problem I have is the 3 seconds of 'blue circle' loading between every link press/page change. Isn't that the same for everyone though?

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Around the Network

I actually have a Linksys 54GL router and my Wii is the only one I'm having trouble on.

Nintendo channel simply refuses to use more than 300 Kbps while a wireless laptop has no problem using the whole 7 Mbps available bandwidth.

The video sucks for me, it plays for 5secs than loads for 10secs. I cant even pause the video and let it load up because if it pauses it stops loading.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
The video sucks for me, it plays for 5secs than loads for 10secs. I cant even pause the video and let it load up because if it pauses it stops loading.

Thats exactly what happends to me too.

Everything loads fine for me.

I don't understand why I with my cheap ass router, in Britain where the broadband speeds are sceptical seem to have had no problems at all.

Perhaps the people with problems are those that have changed settings on the router? I am no tech head so I wouldn't have known how to do it if I wanted to, and so I just set it up, I don't use WEP or WPA or whatever.

FaithRaven said:
misteromar mk4 said:

Thats exactly what happends to me too.

Ditto. I have an average connection [4MB, don't even ask about inet services on Chile...] and you guys just told my story. Some videos load amazingly nice, yet overall I hate watching videos on Nintendo Channel.

:U

like the million times i've never said~