By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Who's Buying Little Big Planet?

I'm not sure yet. Aside from the graphics, I haven't been impresseed by LBP. It's a new and untested IP, after all. Pre launch hype and positive reviews may make me want it. I'll wait and see......

Around the Network
Ps3_GOW said:
So I just want to ask another quick question, is there a certain objective in the game or is it just free roaming looking for object's to take and make obstacles with?, or is it one of them games where you just try to get from the beginning of the level to the end? (like the early Mario games)

I'll do what I can, but the videos (especially the first) would better explain all of this.  Too bad you couldn't open them. :(

The game focuses on extensive level editing abilities.  The singleplayer involves completing pre-made levels to unlock new items to use while editing, but when creating a level from scratch you can decide the objectives, ranging from simply getting to the end, collecting sponge (or have they changed this to fluff?  I can't recall), racing others to the end of the level, defeating an enemy (which you can design yourself), among other things. 

This article covers some of the more recently released details about the game, including some info concerning AI brains for enemies that will be shipped with the game:

1) How Enemies Work — I kept hearing that each new “LBP” press demo would finally reveal the game’s enemies. But in each demo — including the one I went through last week — they were not in there. I asked Evans about this; what he told me made me realize I had been expecting the wrong thing. The developers at Media Molecule aren’t focusing on giving players pre-made enemies.

Instead, Evans said the game will ship with five or six artificial intelligence brains. He wouldn’t tell me what the AI behaviors would be, but explained that a “LBP” user would be able to apply them to their creations in the game’s editor. Whether or not the AI brains will drive your creations effectively depends on your designs. For example… did you put wheels on the giant attack-llama?

I'm getting this day one w/o hesitation, it's been on my radar since its announcement.

I'm getting it day one, I can't wait. I hope that there will be a decent community making new levels all the time to keep me occupied

I'll Get it. It sounds very interesting.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

It's a definite for me too

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

I ll get it if it gets a good review from IGN

I was worried about it, and then I saw the dev interviews from PS day, and I was just amazed

@thekitchensink , that is actualy kinda cool.

day 1

@Aj_habfan

Ready to be dissappointed