By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon sells out of MGS4 80GB PS3 in 5 minutes! -- T3H Domination Begins??

ps3 80 gb + dual shock + MGS 4 + BC >>>> all

Around the Network

I suppose some will say it's not MGS4 that players were waiting for, but the 80GB SKU since it's a well confirmed fact that the 80GB SKU has been outselling the 40GB SKU since it's introduction (False).

In regards to the advertising, Sony will probably have a little quick cut of the new 80GB bundle SKU at the end of their PS3 ads since they are trying to move the new hardware bundle rather than just sell soft units for Konami. Advertise the bundle, sell the game too.

But a dedicated MGS ad would be pretty hot.

Sony have terrible marketing, the last advert I saw in the UK was for GT5:P, and that was about 2 months ago.
They let MS handle GTA and haven't bothered with MGS, what's going on.

@colonelstubbs

uhhhh...I am not sure

It includes the percentage....so it predicts or I just dunno maybe ioi phones them n gets the figures.

its always something I've wondered does VG chartz predict the percentage of online sellthrough by how it sells at actual shops or does it actually contact the online retailer

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@YoppaDo

I'm missing the SONY that advertised FF7 like soap detergents back in 1997..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@DMeisterJ

Actually I am sure it will be a million seller.

Duh!

I mean, it was going to be a million seller either way.

(I actually meant to put a billion, I was trying to prove a point.)

YoppaDo said:
Sony have terrible marketing, the last advert I saw in the UK was for GT5:P, and that was about 2 months ago.
They let MS handle GTA and haven't bothered with MGS, what's going on.

They dont make money on the consoles sold...so to minimize the damage they dont bother advertising.

Simple business when you think about it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

darthdevidem01 said:
WOW

Damage control FTW fanboys

it doesn't matter how much they had.....but what matters is that it has shown us the anticipation of this game right now!

It DOES matter how many they had.  If they had 500 units it wouldn't mean much considering how many shoppers go to Amazon.com every hour.  On the other hand, if they had 50,000 units and sold out in 5 minutes... well, then that's really something! 

But you have to know how many of the bundle was made available to them before you can assess the impact.  How is Amazon.co.uk doing?  It's entirely possible that Sony decided to send the lion-share of units to Europe to take advantage of currency rates. 

Same here, there used to be a lot more for the PS2 than there is now too.

Look at Nintendo, they have adverts practically every break, I swear. Plus they sponser shows, it must have some positive impacts or they wouldn't still be doing it. Sony should do the same.

OT: Will amazon.co.uk be getting any bundles because at the moment they're still selling the 40gb alone (they never had the GTA bundle either). I need to preorder this game soon.

What if on top of the MGS4 bundles, what happened is that Amazon got a Wii Fit shipment that sold out in 0,001 nanoseconds????????

Both surely contributed to a crash lol.

Now seriously, it couldn't be because of the MGS4 bundle, you saw what people did to get a Wii, and how fast they sold out. It's just coincidence IMO, it's not possible for Amazon to crash that easily.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies