By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon sells out of MGS4 80GB PS3 in 5 minutes! -- T3H Domination Begins??

Viper1 said:
RE: Amazon crash.

So Amazon just arbitrarily decided to start selling the MGS4 bundle in the middle of the afternoon instead of at midnight like every other product?

Yes http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/05/80gb-metal-gear-systems-on-amazon-com-tomorrow-at-10am-pst/

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Around the Network

Its just a fad guys....let it go MGS4 will flop

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I remember when Wii Fit sld out at 1 retailer in US & UK n OMG did people come to conclusions...

darthdevidem01 said:
I remember when Wii Fit sld out at 1 retailer in US & UK n OMG did people come to conclusions...

You're confusing Amazon with other retailers. Amazon has been shown time and again to not be representitive.

Other retailers have not. 

@Kasz216

yeah the biggest retailer in Canada doesn't count////right {rolls eyes}

Around the Network
bluster said:
Sorry pal, but its not like a Metal Gear Solid game is gonna change console wars...
Maybe pull out PS3 from his awfull present (in NA and Japan) , but not much more than that.
The game is gonna perform similar to the previous 3 ones, wich sold really well (specially MGS2), wich is good, but I dont understand the "PS3 savior statement"...I really dont.
The only game that could maybe have a major impact in long term sales, would be FF13, but, then again, just maybe.

Thank you for answering a debate...in the wrong thread

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

So after some rabid guys trying to claim Amazon was down due to massive ps3 demand, I can't wait for them to blame gas prices on the massive amounts of ps3 shippings bumping up the demand.

@darthdevidem01: the 360 arcade bundle was sold out in spain the following two days after the last pricecut, the new price went into effect the last two days of a Burger King promotion, starting february, which gave away 50€ discount vouchers. During these two days people were buying arcade bundles for 150€.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

@Bitmap Frogs

WOW....I thought I had seen the worst

Looks like Starcraft is amassing an army!

The bundle is at number ONE. =)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_4/104-1999353-2388734

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

darthdevidem01 said:
@Paul

Well he has a very good point....

I find your photo funny

Bruce Everest is no laughing matter................