By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon sells out of MGS4 80GB PS3 in 5 minutes! -- T3H Domination Begins??

OMG

did I ever say its gonna change the console wars!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Yeah, and MK was beating GTA all launch week. Because Amazon said so.

darthdevidem01 said:
OMG

did I ever say its gonna change the console wars!

No, you only said TH3 Domination Begins?, wich I tought was refered to MGS4 skyrocketing PS3 sales into market first place, but maybe I got it all wrong.

Wii60+DS owner

Long Time Nintendo loyalist

Sarcasm people.....sarcasm

@FishyJoe

Troll

FishyJoe said:
Yeah, and MK was beating GTA all launch week. Because Amazon said so.

i'm reporting you. lol

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Why does everyone have to keep repeating that Amazon doesn't represent the market as a whole, this won't change the console wars, blah blah blah..

We fucking know. This thread is about Amazon, nothing else.

^I find your language offensive.

I'd like to add that this could be a rough estimate of how many bundles were sold:

UPDATED INFORMATION
Thanks Kagari for the post:
The 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 bundle will be going to most retail outlets who will be getting around 15,000 units in the first shipment.
Replenishments will be done according to a store's relationship with Sony, IE, does that store sell a lot of Sony products, games there.
So it's not a 1 shipment only deal. Stores will be restocked with the 80GB PS3. I suspect stores like Best Buy will obviously get more stock.

As far as I am aware, the bundle will go on sale at midnight for the stores doing midnight launches.

Also, GameStop/EB are running a really decent deal right now for those looking to upgrade. Trade in a PS2 with any extra controller and
a memory card and get $80 toward the purchase of a PS3. I don't know how long this is running for, but it will at least go through June 8th.

If you want one of these PS3s on day 1, I suggest getting to the store early on the day it comes out.

GameStop will not be taking preorders on the bundle, period.

@Paul

Well he has a very good point....

I find your photo funny

@shameless

if so that frikkin impressive....I dunno what FishyJoe's whining about so much