By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft - we have inside information on the future of the Wii

Ubisoft - we have inside information on the future of the Wii

June 6th, 2008

A portion of a CasualGaming interview with Executive producer of Ubisoft’s Games For Everyone range Pauline Jacquey…

CG: Can you secure your position as the most successful third-party casual publisher on Nintendo formats this year?

PJ: Yes, of course. That’s the aim. We not very original in terms of strategy, we tend to follow what Nintendo’s doing. I shouldn’t say that, but it’s true so I am saying it. What we have that maybe Nintendo doesn’t is like a crazy touch that you find in Rayman Raving Rabbids and those type of games.

CG
: Will we be seeing more innovation on Nintendo hardware from Ubisoft?

PJ: Yes. We have great inside information from Nintendo on the future of the console – information we’ve got very, very early relating to the man-machine interface.

Is this a tiny glimmer of hope for Ubisoft and the Wii? Oh wait, I guess not…this is the ‘Games for Everyone’ division.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Considering it is talking about being the most successful third-party CASUAL publisher. So they don't have to release a single good game to reach that, just casual stuff.

lol

"crazy touch"?????

Oh, they mean their corporate greediness

duh!

:P

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

^yeah thats why i dont really like them,this is there games for everyone division,so they will only release more casual games to be profitibale

I like the stuff they do with the ravving rabbids. LOLz funny bastards.

Around the Network
brute said:

PJ: We not very original in terms of strategy, we tend to follow what Nintendo’s doing. I shouldn’t say that, but it’s true so I am saying it. What we have that maybe Nintendo doesn’t is like a crazy touch that you find in Rayman Raving Rabbids and those type of games.

Well at least their honest about it. Must be where that "Nintendo-quality" comment came from a while back. All though I guess they have a different meaning of that term than a lot of other people do. =P

Also, Rayman Raving Rabbids and THOSE type of games? Exactly what other Wii games was that referring to? Their collection of Nintendogs knock-offs, poorly done 6th gen ports, or license games THQ couldn't afford. What else have they made for the Wii that has a "crazy touch" like the Rabbids?

^thats the only good thing they did but now there really starting to milk it releasing one each year

BrainBoxLtd said:
brute said:

PJ: We not very original in terms of strategy, we tend to follow what Nintendo’s doing. I shouldn’t say that, but it’s true so I am saying it. What we have that maybe Nintendo doesn’t is like a crazy touch that you find in Rayman Raving Rabbids and those type of games.

Well at least their honest about it. Must be where that "Nintendo-quality" comment came from a while back. All though I guess they have a different meaning of that term than a lot of other people do. =P

Also, Rayman Raving Rabbids and THOSE type of games? Exactly what other Wii games was that referring to? Their collection of Nintendogs knock-offs, poorly done 6th gen ports, or license games THQ couldn't afford. What else have they made for the Wii that has a "crazy touch" like the Rabbids?

maybe theyre reffering to all theyre ports,which werent good

they have the power the Z

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

wasn't Ubisoft the first ones shown the Wiimote and Nintendo helped them with Redsteel?

"Like you know"