By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Wii] Nintendo what are you doing with wiifit :|

According to bol.com a dutch retailer the wiifit is in such high demand that the next shipment is expected to hit in week 31 ( end of july ) and bol.com just send the following mail to customers that ordered.

Let op: we hebben inmiddels een aanzienlijk aantal bestellingen voor dit reeds verschenen product opgebouwd die we de komende maanden zullen proberen te gaan uitleveren. Voor deze uitlevering zijn we afhankelijkheid van de beschikbaarheid van het product bij onze leverancier. We zullen naar verwachting pas in september weer vrije voorraad van dit product hebben.

translation:

Be aware: we already recieved a enormous amount of orders for this already published product which we will deliver in the coming months. For these deliveries we are depended on the availablity of the product from our distributors. We expect to have free stock for this product upcoming september. 

How Insane is that?

Around the Network

Well there is one thing to produce millions and millions of DvD's

quite another to produce millions and millions of balanceboards.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

The balance board is a precision instrument that takes up not one but two controller channels and has 4 extremely accurate scales built in. It will be sold out in some areas for at least 2 years.

You'll get the same note when you order Mario Kart, my friend has to wait for a month to get it, also ordered at Bol.com. It has nothing to do with being WII Fit. You can better say that Nintendo Europe is doing a louzy job to stock according to demand.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

You think they might be trying to milk the chats? Keep the titles in the top 10 for months instead of letting it be so naturally front loaded with near records the first few week sales, but the dropping off because most everyone gets a copy right away?

Around the Network

^ I think it's a supply issue, why anyone would want to lose money is beyond me.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Same here in Spain, i have called "el corte ingles", one of the most important department store in Spain and their website have been out of stock since launch, and they say we will have to wait one month more.

It seems like everything with "Wii" in the name is out of stock, if not often, at least at some period...

Wii, WiiFit, WiiPlay, Mario Kart Wii........

Nintendo of Europe is a terrible subsidiary in many ways... Nintendo needs to kick their ass and get them in line.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

LoL, how Big company like Nintendo can`t provide enough wii boards. =))
They are jus Not confident in their products.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far