By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official "I'm buying Civilization Revolution" Thread of Strategy

Its a game that has slipped under the radar but there will always be an inner-Civ in me. I will consider picking it up next month if Alone in the Dark turns out crap.

Trust mrstickball to remind us of gems that people seem to have forgotten :)

Around the Network

I'll pick up the DS version, but I think I'll be sticking with Civ IV BTS.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I thought Civ 4 came out 3 years ago? Why would it need to be dumbed down for a three year old console?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I am VERY VERY HYPED!

the Pc veersion had me addicted till my computer kept crashing while playing it !"!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced. It'll probably be Christmas purchase in our household.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I thought Civ 4 came out 3 years ago? Why would it need to be dumbed down for a three year old console?

Because of the console demographics apparently, not horse power.

I'm gonna have a bash on the demo that's just come out on the PS3 for a little while before I make my decision; I've always loved the civ games so hopefully I'll enjoy this one.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Just played the PS3 demo. Fantastic stuff. I didn't like the look of it at first but it really grew on me. I never played civ 4 but i'm willing to bet this isn't as complex city management wise. This game just went up to an essential purchase for me behind MGS4. I'M GONNA GO PLAY IT AGAIN!

Yes

I am insanely hyped for this game. I was really annoyed about them not continuing the wii version, but I will be buying the DS version now instead.

I've just played the PS3 demo a bit, is it just me or is the game insane boring. I love the art-style though.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo