By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Being Female and Being on the Internet

People are avoiding the abvious question, OP are you girl in disguise?

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I don't think kingofwale's ever seen a girl on the internet. Everybody goes nuts and starts demanding she proves it.
 Agree with the ghost... Its a male instinct to go hunting after seeing a girl avatar... Okey dokey profile views are the proof. 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

On another forum recently (that I frequent), a new female gamer joined. The excitement was palpable. Every bloke on the forum were falling over themselves to post some form of innuendo, in some vain attempt to impress the girl.

When she mentioned that she was bi-sexual, it went into overdrive. The use the crude vernacular from my neighbourhood, the blokes were like a dog with 2 dicks - they didn't know which one to lick first (sorry if that is offensive).

So, yes, my experience is that many males on forums do get very excited by the thought of a woman in the mix - kind of like the Futurama episode, where Lela is inside the internet and crashes a room of geeks.

Footnote to the story - the woman I referenced in my story, by a massive coincidence, turned out to be working for someone I knew and I subsequently did meet her.

COMING SOON!

Yeah, it's amazing the attention women get on the internet. A friend of mine even got an IM once from someone saying "Do you want to meet?" simply because her profile said female. She had never talked to the guy before, didn't have a picture on her profile, and it was the very first IM he sent her. What a moron.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

*huff huff*

*pant pant*

Saw the word "Female" in the thread title. Where is she? WHERE IS SHE!!?? Is it ThatGuy? Yojimbo? Aaaaaw. False alarm.

*puts pants back on. walks away.*

Around the Network

This thread is funnier than almost anything else on the internet.

From my experience of different forums, there is a very similar response to a female member as there is to a hot girl in a real social gathering. It seems worse on the internet because all the men can just assume she's hot.

By the way, where are the girls' opinion of the ones who do post here? They should have some fun anecdotes.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Alasted said:
Kasz216 said:

Some people also find being pissed on erotic.  

Who doesn't?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

Yojimbo said:

It would be silly of me to go for like a year going about without suspicion and then post this thread, 'incidentially' outing myself. If I were a girl in disguise, I would be a lot smarter than starting a thread like this and bringing undue attention to myself.

Nay, you're reading too much into my original post. Its just something I've observed, (no not 90% of the time, Mr. King o f Wale), and its not uncommon for one female poster to get more than the usual attention from the male posters.

That Guy said:
Yojimbo said:

It would be silly of me to go for like a year going about without suspicion and then post this thread, 'incidentially' outing myself. If I were a girl in disguise, I would be a lot smarter than starting a thread like this and bringing undue attention to myself.

Nay, you're reading too much into my original post. Its just something I've observed, (no not 90% of the time, Mr. King o f Wale), and its not uncommon for one female poster to get more than the usual attention from the male posters.

Now, I don't question that female users do get more attention from guys, (especially in forums like this one) but I don't like the fact you are painting every guy online as some kind of pervert. In fact, I know more than a few people online that are really decent individuals.

My ex is online quite a bit, Mostly on IMDb board and she have gotten advances from other guys, but most of the rest are friendly and accept her for who she is, a female forum user.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)