By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

There is no hell rath, if god doesnt exist,
leo j has his believes leave him alone, same with you leo j, its people choices to not believe in god, and if there is one, they can deal with the consequences

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

leo j has his believes leave him alone, same with you leo j, its people choices to not believe in god, and if there is one, they can deal with the consequences

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:

You've obviously never been to Detroit.  ZING!

I'll be here all night folks.  Actually that's not true.  I'll be here for about five more seconds while this posts.

Lost tears of Kain said:

The existence of hell doesnt rely on the existence of a god, nor the existence of a paradise.
Not that I believe in either ;)

ok so i havent read all the posts here, that would take ages. diving away from the "scientific" side...

if any of you who dont believe in god had seen some of the healings and miracles that i have seen you would believe in god too

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network
thanny said:
ok so i havent read all the posts here, that would take ages. diving away from the "scientific" side...

if any of you who dont believe in god had seen some of the healings and miracles that i have seen you would believe in god too

LOL.  I certainly would not.  Any healing "miracle" has a perfectly natural reason for occurring.  The fact that you would immediately attribute something you do not understand to be caused by some supernatural being that you were told to beleive in simply proves that your mind is closed off to reality.  

Religion is a natural phenomenon, created by man, that spreads and evolves by the same means that all other cultural phenomena do.  I find it deeply saddeing that so many people lose their true potential by submitting to then ananity that is religion.  C'mon people think for yourselves!  Realize all the wonderful things that you can do with this life once your mind is freed from the chains of blind belief.  

And if you do have the balls to question your religion go out and compare it to the other religions.  Trace it's history and how it evolved from/into other faiths.  Maybe then it will all make sense 

What is the most important, whether there is a god or not, or wheter people believe in IT or not?

I'm not looking for proof for any of the two sides, I just don't give a f*ck if he exists or not.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Dinzy said:
thanny said:

LOL.  I certainly would not.  Any healing "miracle" has a perfectly natural reason for occurring.  The fact that you would immediately attribute something you do not understand to be caused by some supernatural being that you were told to beleive in simply proves that your mind is closed off to reality.  

Religion is a natural phenomenon, created by man, that spreads and evolves by the same means that all other cultural phenomena do.  I find it deeply saddeing that so many people lose their true potential by submitting to then ananity that is religion.  C'mon people think for yourselves!  Realize all the wonderful things that you can do with this life once your mind is freed from the chains of blind belief.  

And if you do have the balls to question your religion go out and compare it to the other religions.  Trace it's history and how it evolved from/into other faiths.  Maybe then it will all make sense 

thats what i mean, i expected that response. you havent seen what i have, science cant explain what ive seen

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Lee Strobel wrote a couple books.
Case for Christ - Uses historic evidence to support events in the New Testament. He is an ex-lawyer so he presents this the same as a court case, using witnesses, corroboration etc.
Case for a Creator - Why modern Science actually supports the existence of a God and not against it.

Its one skeptics story of how he came to believe. Its a good read for anyone, skeptic or believer.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

makingmusic476 said:
Legend11 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Yes, and his name is Jehovah. If there's no God, who made everything?

Well by that logic who made God?

That's why He's God. ;)

God is self-explanatory. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and timeless by definition, thus He always was and always will be. He is not bounded by the logic of this physical world. He is not bounded by time, physics, or any of the rules that bound us as physical beings. Therefore, He could very easily have always been and it is He whom I believe created everything that we know, this Universe that we live in, bounded by rules of which He is not.

Thomas Aquinas "proofs" of god rely upon the idea of regress and need "God" to terminate it; They make the stupid assumption that God is immune to the regress. IMO, by thinking up this being and giving it a name simply because we need to give it one, there is no reason to give this being any of his other attributes: Omnipotence, Omniscience and timelessness (as u put it).

Also, i dont get it, Omnipotence and Omniscience are totally incompatable. As said by Richard Dawkins: "If God is omniscient, he must already know how he is going to intervene to change the course of history using his omnipotence. But that means he cant change his mind about his intervention, which means hes not omnipotent"

Calling the physical cause for the creation of the universe "God" is totally misleading, as it gives it the stereotypical view of being a big guy sitting on a cloud with a big beard, looking down on all of us designing everything.

My view on god now? well, I believe in god as much as i believe that there are Fairies at the bottom of my garden, as much as i believe that ghosts exist, as much as i believe that we are all apart of the matrix, etc...