By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - now PS3 is picking up speed how will MS resond?

Microsoft has only had a $50 price drop... and has great exclusives coming up.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

@CrazzyMan

So are you saying PS3 has better games than 360 and that is why its selling better in Europe?

I'd say its all about brand reckognition at this point for Europe...

Magnific0 said:
^@ disolitude 360 sales are being matched by PS3 sales on its only turf. The 360 is older in the market, games library bigger, price is lower. The poster is talking about momentum here, it's not only about big titles clashing against big titles, it's also about moving hardware and I think after 3 years in the market a single $50 cut is embarrasing and if they can't respond to the $500 80GB MGS4 SKU with something more than "hey, we have great games coming too!" they're gonna hit a wall real soon.

Exactly - I see the 80Gb as a winner and think Sony will move up a gear then with it, I think MS must have something planned if their gonna put up a fight for their lead and I see a new model launched at GOW2 release or this holiday season as being an option.

^nice excuse, disolitude and I will use it against you. Name recognition also applies to games. I laugh at your post mentioning the Wii , what a nice way of evading the subject saying the Wii is leaving the both of them in the dust. So what man? Stay on the topic.

@disolitude,
i just say what i see,
after GTP5 and GTA4 release on ps3 in Europe, weekly ps3 sales went 20-25k HIGHER. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

^ I mean...lets be realistic.

We all see the games coming out for both consoles... I don't think anyone can claim PS3 games are better than 360 ones as a collective as of yet.
Like GT5p is the best game ever maybe...and thats why it scored 80 on metacritic. How about Rockband which is a 360 exclusive in Europe for now which is at 90+ on metacritic...

People reckognize GT5 name, they know playstation name...hence why sony still gets more business than 360.

CrazzyMans argument was that its only games that matter. Not true. Names of games...maybe...

EDIT: my wii reamrk perfectly fits in my argument because it shows that they can cut prices all they want to hurt each other but won't do a dent in the race to number 1 spot.

^GT5: P is better than any other exclusive released for the 360 this year.

It also has and will move more hardware than any other exclusive 360 has released this year too.

@Magnific
In the wake of Ninja Gaiden 2 Release, I strongly disagree.

If they called GT5 - bumper cars edition...I think it would be better.

And yes, it will move hardware...but only because of brand reckognition. Forza 2 runs curcles around GT5p demo as is...

Eventually they are going to make a price cut, but looks like now they are focusing on making some money, yes, PS3 is catching up, but is a slow catch up...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Like GT5p is the best game ever maybe...and thats why it scored 80 on metacritic. How about Rockband which is a 360 exclusive in Europe for now which is at 90+ on metacritic...

Scores on metacritic matter on 90% only to FANBOYS. Normal consumer usually read 1-2 review, or see an advertisement and buy game.
GT5P got not much on metacritic, because reviewers reviewed it like a full game, when it`s just a PROLOGUE.

Come on, GRID got 9 from EDGE and Eurogamer, and what, it sold 30k on both consoles.
MGS4 will sell millions, even though it god 8 from those 2. Nobody really cares about metacritic.

GT5P has best graphics todate and is just GREAT, but compared to FULL GT5 it of`course couldn`t get 100.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far