By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Fatal Frame IV screens: Looking very good!

NJ5 said:
I'm sure many people would believe those were PS3/360 screenshots if you told them.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong, those screens have a last gen feel to them, the way the textures look on the wall, and the way the light seems to interact with the environment.  The clothes also lack the detail of PS3/360 games.  I'm sure the wii is capable of better graphics or special effects then what these screens are showing.  But the atmosphere looks great and the overall feeling you get from the pictures makes this game a must buy for fans of the series or horrror games in general. 

The pictures also appear to be taken from a magazine, they appear to be grainy. Unless that is what the makers of the game are going for. 

Around the Network

Project Zero 3 (Fatal frame 3) is the most scary game i've EVER played. It still freaks me out, and it's not just about the looks, it's the whole atmosphere with the help of music and even rumble.

Totally hyped for this one, i just hope it has an independent story since i've never finished one of them before.

Griffin said:
NJ5 said:
I'm sure many people would believe those were PS3/360 screenshots if you told them.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong, those screens have a last gen feel to them, the way the textures look on the wall, and the way the light seems to interact with the environment.  The clothes also lack the detail of PS3/360 games.  I'm sure the wii is capable of better graphics or special effects then what these screens are showing.  But the atmosphere looks great and the overall feeling you get from the pictures makes this game a must buy for fans of the series or horrror games in general. 

The pictures also appear to be taken from a magazine, they appear to be grainy. Unless that is what the makers of the game are going for. 

I think some are taken from a magazine, and some aren't. It should look good ,because nintendo is publishing it, and they usually expect alot of work. The developers tecmoo and grasshoper are good developers too. 

This game does look really good, but let's not compare them to PS360 graphics.

It doesn't look close to either of them two at all.

Nice graphics nonetheless though.

sc94597 said:
thekitchensink said:

brrrrrrrrr

*shivers*

Yes plz!

I know looks kinda like the things from the grudge doesn't it? For people who played the prequels, are these games scary?Rate on a scale of 1-10 and show other games so I could compare.

49 out of 10.  The only one I've played is Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly.  I was playing WITH a friend, in his basement, at midnight.  We had many "holyshitwhatthefuckjusthappenedtheresnowayinhellimgoingaroundthatcorner!!!" moments, and we were afraid to go upstairs and get snacks afterward.

And yes, we were 16 years old.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
sc94597 said:
thekitchensink said:

brrrrrrrrr

*shivers*

Yes plz!

I know looks kinda like the things from the grudge doesn't it? For people who played the prequels, are these games scary?Rate on a scale of 1-10 and show other games so I could compare.

49 out of 10.  The only one I've played is Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly.  I was playing WITH a friend, in his basement, at midnight.  We had many "holyshitwhatthefuckjusthappenedtheresnowayinhellimgoingaroundthatcorner!!!" moments, and we were afraid to go upstairs and get snacks afterward.

And yes, we were 16 years old.

Wow so the ghosts are the type that move fastly in flashes. Then with the wii's new controller, you should expect it to be faster because of the quick  response of the wiimote. I need to try the other ones. Seems very scary. 

sc94597 said:
thekitchensink said:

brrrrrrrrr

*shivers*

Yes plz!

They cannot be prequels. A prequel is something made after the fact, that takes place before. Even if one of the predecessors took place after this game, this game would be a prequel to one of them. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
sc94597 said:
thekitchensink said:

brrrrrrrrr

*shivers*

Yes plz!

They cannot be prequels. A prequel is something made after the fact, that takes place before. Even if one of the predecessors took place after this game, this game would be a prequel to one of them. 

You know what I meant :)

LordTheNightKnight said:
sc94597 said:
thekitchensink said:

brrrrrrrrr

*shivers*

Yes plz!

So what would you call, for example, Halo: Combat Evolved in relation to Halo 2?  I'd call it a prequel.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
sc94597 said:
thekitchensink said:

brrrrrrrrr

*shivers*

Yes plz!

So what would you call, for example, Halo: Combat Evolved in relation to Halo 2? I'd call it a prequel.

You'd be wrong. Prequel is a combination of previous and sequel. The sequel part is the key. A prequel is a sequel that takes place previously. It has to have come out after the thing it is a prquel to.

Halo 1 came out before Halo 2, so it cannot be a prequel. It could be a predecessor, a prologue (but that would be stretching that word), a previous installement, but never a prequel.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs