By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Brawl is being released in Europe soon..

I didn't want to admit it but yes, the hype did die down and yes, I'm not as excited as I used to be anymore. Also, all the complaints about the broken online make me (after the near-perfect online of Mario Kart) doubt I still want this game.

I'll still buy it probably, but I'm not at all excited anymore. My image of the game has gone from "wow, totally awesome" to "meh, mediocre game".

Around the Network

BOOOO!!!

I am VERY HYPED!

can't wait for June 27....probably only day I won't play MGS4!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Riot Of The Blood said:
anyone who needs hype to justify wanting a game is lame.

That's a keen observation. Well said!

Don't worry Euroguys I sent Nintendo an email.

It took them a year to build the hype for the Japan and US release.
Since hype has apparently died down I suggested that they delay it for another year and start building the hype again from now.
Who knows,maybe the OP will get excited again.
Please send me your thanks.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

The only reason the hype has died is because it's been released everywhere else >_
I pretty much know as much as I can about it having not played it.

Around the Network

I had never been more hyped for a game in my life, but a couple of weeks after the US release I started to not care, I didnt want to import it cos iv heard a load of stories about how it just hasnt worked and im short on money so that would have been too much of a risk. I will pick up this game, probably on day one as i have had it preordered for almost 6 months now, but now that I know all that this game has to offer I dont have any excitement about playing it.

In conclusion NOE fu**ed up pretty bad.

fkusumot said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
anyone who needs hype to justify wanting a game is lame.

That's a keen observation. Well said!

No it's not. How does that make any sense?

When someone is hyped it means they're excited, if you're no longer excited or interested in a game aren't you less likely to buy it? If you're talking about the source of hype (i.e the dojos daily updates) then that makes sense. Somebody who needed media hype to buy something would be missing out on a load of great games. But nobody said they aren't buying SSBB because the hype died down, only that they aren't as hyped (generally because of the delay) which are two different things.

As long as it doesnt steal the thunder from MGS4, and it wont hehe, i dont mind this game

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I will buy, but am not as hyped as I once was.