By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EA cancels Red Alert 3 for PS3

According to a Gamestop source, the PS3 version of Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 has been removed from EA's upcoming release list. This has led to rumors that the game has been canceled or delayed. A recent Press release announcing that Gina Carano will be starring as Natasha in Red Alert 3 only said the game would be coming to PC and Xbox 360 this holiday season.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Red%20Alert%203 

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

It belongs on PC anyway. No keyboard and mouse support on 360 makes me wonder why they even bother.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

So rumors of its cancellation equates to its cancellation now? This does suck though, as the PS3 is the only one that could do it right if they added keyboard and mouse support.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
So rumors of its cancellation equates to its cancellation now? This does suck though, as the PS3 is the only one that could do it right if they added keyboard and mouse support.

Actually its the xbox360. Probably not worth the time/risk for a PS3 port.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
akuma587 said:

Actually its the xbox360. Probably not worth the time/risk for a PS3 port.

PS3 supports keybord and mouse

we have had this thread before

Around the Network

About all this concern if anyone can play RTS on a console with the gamepad. I found the gameplay in C&C 3 dangerously addictive. My PC at that moment couldn't afford the games requirements. Many strategy fans' PCs don't either. So, all of you who condemn the gamepad based RTS gameplay, stick to your M&K. I wish I could but simply I don't. After 3 hours of gameplay, I didn't even think about it. And yes, RA is a chance for PS3 to gain some part of this new grown COnsole RTS fanbase no matter how small it is. I guess many games would dream of the half a million sales that Tiberium Wars achieved

epinefridis said:
About all this concern if anyone can play RTS on a console with the gamepad. I found the gameplay in C&C 3 dangerously addictive. My PC at that moment couldn't afford the games requirements. Many strategy fans' PCs don't either. So, all of you who condemn the gamepad based RTS gameplay, stick to your M&K. I wish I could but simply I don't. After 3 hours of gameplay, I didn't even think about it. And yes, RA is a chance for PS3 to gain some part of this new grown COnsole RTS fanbase no matter how small it is. I guess many games would dream of the half a million sales that Tiberium Wars achieved

well World in Conflict and Endwar are both coming, though the later has been specially designed for consoles

I should hope ps3 supports Keyboard and mouse since ive got both...

What I was meaning was the fact that the Xbox360 architecture is closer to the PC so its much easier to port. Since they probably don't expect huge sales it makes sense really.

Tease.

the PC version is the one ill get then, i mihgt have got PS3 version if it had keyboard and mouse comaptability, but nnow its PC/360 theres only one winner for me.