By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I finally did it! I got a Wii! Some questions!

can you not change the resolution FROM your TV instead of the telling the wii to do it?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

get these games
no more heroes
medal of honor heroes 2
resident evil UC
resident evil4

coming soon
fatal frame
conduit
madworld
that new capcom game
rygar

If you when to screen in options mode and selected 16 x 9, and it is not right, then you need to change your tv settings.

Other games to look out for in the bargain bin are Okami and the first Rayan Raving Rabits. Boom Blox is another one to look out for.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

It your having connection issues it might be your using the wrong router channel for the Wii. Most routers default to channel 6, Wii likes it at either channel 1 or 11, this is a very common issue

If you have any other issues, or just need help try this support page

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer

I had the same issue with the 16:9. My TV thinks the Wii is outputting 4:3 even though it is actually 16:9. You should notice that everything looks really scrunched.

So just have the TV stretch it to full 16:9.

Around the Network

Before you do anything, make sure you get some more controllers

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

darthdevidem01 said:
can you not change the resolution FROM your TV instead of the telling the wii to do it?

Yes, I changed the screen size to widescreen and the image doesn't seem to be stretched, so that's fixed.

As for the online it comes and goes, it's getting more stable lately.

RE4 controls are amazing, it's truly a shame that RE5 won't coem to the Wii. Although I have a PS3 I'd rather play RE5 on the Wii! Tried Zack and Wiki and looks pretty fun!

Games I'll buy for Wii in the coming months:  Brawl, Prime3, Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Zelda.

Considering to buy: Super Paper Mario, WarioWare, No More Heroes... still thinking about Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 but since I have Call of Duty 4 I don' know if I want to spend more money on war games for now...

"I finally did it! I got a Wii!"

So wait..you got a sex change?

I don't understand

Unlike 720p or 1080p, 480p does not support true 16:9.
In fact Wii real resolution is720x480 (3:2). It depends on your TV to stretch it to either 16:9 (for HDTV) or 4:3 (for SDTV).

Strange, I didn't have any trouble setting it to 16:9. I haven't even tested out the wireless yet.

I'd recommend Fire Emblem if you're at all interested in SRPG's. Good gameplay, simple system, ok story, very challenging. Very, very enjoyable game!