By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Revolver Ocelot or Liquid Snake?

From what I've read about Metal Gear Solid 4, Revolver Ocelot is still an important character in the game's storyline and he is still "possessed" by Liquid's arm. From those two great characters, who do you like the best and who do you wish to see(hear) most in MGS4?

For my part, I prefer Revolver Ocelot, I like the mystery surrounding him and although he seemed to be under Liquid's command in MGS1, it is revealed later that he's working for someone higher up. Plus I absolutely love his voice! So for all that I'm hoping that most of the time Revolver will be himself and not controlled by Liquid.

What do you guys think?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

They're both sexy. Maybe Kojima will have everyone kiss and make up . . . in Speedos.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

We actually know a lot about Ocelot:(If you haven't played all the games, you might not want to read this) Throughout the entire mythology of the Metal Gear, Ocelot was working for the Patriots. In every game he aligns himself with the "bad guys" but in actuality he's always working as a double agent for the Patriots (the American branch of the Philsophers). We also know that he's the son of The Boss and that he was taken away from her at birth by the Patriots. However, he is not aware of this fact. 

What'll be interesting about MGS4 is how the relationship between Liquid and Ocelot plays out considering they have opposite goals in mind (Liquid wants to destroy those who Ocelot works for). 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I always hated the whole "OMG my arm is possessed by LiquiD!!!!" thing, it's just.... lame.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Maybe the next metal Gear will be Metal Gear Liquid.
Or is that too lame

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

I'd probably have sex with...

Wait, that wasn't the question?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Ocelot was best in MGS3....even if he did seem like he'd just walked out of a boyband.

A GAY boyband

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Yeah, I like Revolver a lot more than Liquid. Ocelot just has a lot more substance to his character than Liquid does. Plus, he's a gunslinger, and that can only lead to more bonus points in my book.

@jman8 : Thanks for refreshing my memory it's been a while since I've played through all Metal Gears and there's so much stuff that I had forgotten.

@Domo-kun : I never really liked that idea either... it's too far-fetched and impossible. Even Fortune is more believable than this.

Signature goes here!

Gray Fox.

Yeah I know he wasn't in the question, but still - a cyborg ninja? Whats not to love?