By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Revolver Ocelot or Liquid Snake?

I have to admit that Gray Fox is pretty darn cool too!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Domo-Kun said:
I always hated the whole "OMG my arm is possessed by LiquiD!!!!" thing, it's just.... lame.

Heh, kojima wanted it to be a DNA merge and fiddle around with the dominat and ressive gene theme in an extremely awkward way... Maybe he will make more sense of it in MGS4. I've always preferd Liquid, he was a perfect archnemsis for SS.

I've heard that Kojima explains the whole "Liquids arm possessing Ocelot" predicament in more detail in MGS4. Here's hoping it is, at the very least, a decent explanation, as it's easily one of my least favorite occurrences in the MGS plotline.

With that said, I've always liked Revolver Ocelot more. The way he practically plays everyone, not only his allies but enemies, is worthy of some amount of respect.

TruckOSaurus said:
@jman8 : Thanks for refreshing my memory it's been a while since I've played through all Metal Gears and there's so much stuff that I had forgotten.

@Domo-kun : I never really liked that idea either... it's too far-fetched and impossible. Even Fortune is more believable than this.

This is such an interesting point. When you're creating a fantasy story like Metal Gear, how do you distinguish between far-fetched and believable? How exactly is Fortune or Grey Fox any more believable than Liquid Ocelot? I'm not bashing you, I'm just wondering how an artist draws that line between ridiculousness and believability.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Quickdraw McGraw said:
I've heard that Kojima explains the whole "Liquids arm possessing Ocelot" predicament in more detail in MGS4. Here's hoping it is, at the very least, a decent explanation, as it's easily one of my least favorite occurrences in the MGS plotline.

With that said, I've always liked Revolver Ocelot more. The way he practically plays everyone, not only his allies but enemies, is worthy of some amount of respect.

Ah, come on, that's one of my favorite parts of the MGS series. Am I the only one who laughed hysterically when it happened?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Quickdraw McGraw said:

Ah, come on, that's one of my favorite parts of the MGS series. Am I the only one who laughed hysterically when it happened?

Nope is was more like this:

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Yes, there is a huge "WTF" moment during that scene. Which is why I laughed so hard. I doubt Kojima meant it to be funny but I found it hysterical.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

jman8 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
@jman8 : Thanks for refreshing my memory it's been a while since I've played through all Metal Gears and there's so much stuff that I had forgotten.

@Domo-kun : I never really liked that idea either... it's too far-fetched and impossible. Even Fortune is more believable than this.

This is such an interesting point. When you're creating a fantasy story like Metal Gear, how do you distinguish between far-fetched and believable? How exactly is Fortune or Grey Fox any more believable than Liquid Ocelot? I'm not bashing you, I'm just wondering how an artist draws that line between ridiculousness and believability.

I guess I'm more inclined to believe technological fantasy (Gray Fox's suit or Fortune's electro-magnetic field) than biological fantasy (Liquid's arm possessing Revolver).

But now that I think about it Psycho Mantis' flying or Fat Man skating his huge butt all over the place without being out of breath aren't really believable too.

Signature goes here!