By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Resistance 2 info (and Insomniac tidbits).

Yeah what's that "2nd game"? A 2nd Ratchet PS3 game maybe?

Really looking forward to R2. I wish they'd show more footage though. It's supposed to be out in 5 months and we have so little.

Around the Network

Errrr......why does it say "2nd game in pre-production"? It would be their 4th game after R & C and Resistance 1 & 2, unless I'm misreading it. I'm guessing it's another R & C game.

Anyway, this is my personal GOTY 2008. Even MGS4 and Gears 2 can't match this- it just sounds 'effing incredible!

This might be an unpopular opinion, but Insomniac has always struck me as a developer very good at creating a game based on an already well established formula. They've never really created something that really pushes the boundaries and limits of the genre. That's not to say they don't make good games. I love the stuff they put out.

With that said, the way Resistance 2 seems to be shaping up, it appears that Insomniac is finally pushing the gameplay envelope. The squad based 64 man multiplayer matches in particular sound amazing. Throw in two campaigns with one being online-enabled for 4 players, and you've got the making for something that might be able to compare to COD4.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

i have just read the full interview

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=145245

If i was sony i would buy this dev team, they are proving to be really talented

obieslut said:
i have just read the full interview

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=145245

If i was sony i would buy this dev team, they are proving to be really talented

From what I understand, Insomniac wants to stay independent, but Sony still works closely with them.

Around the Network

Yakuzaice is right :).

What is the last comment

is that 2nd game the R & C 2nd game thats in pre-production?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

tombi123 said:
What is that 2nd game in pre-production? I hope it is a new IP.

Ratched and Clank: Quest for Booty?

jman8 said:
This might be an unpopular opinion, but Insomniac has always struck me as a developer very good at creating a game based on an already well established formula. They've never really created something that really pushes the boundaries and limits of the genre. That's not to say they don't make good games. I love the stuff they put out.

With that said, the way Resistance 2 seems to be shaping up, it appears that Insomniac is finally pushing the gameplay envelope. The squad based 64 man multiplayer matches in particular sound amazing. Throw in two campaigns with one being online-enabled for 4 players, and you've got the making for something that might be able to compare to COD4.

This is the way Insmoniac works:

Take proven formula.
Add tons of crazy weapons.
???
Profit.

StarcraftManiac said:

-Single player mode will be => then Resistance's single player length. They like shorter stories too though, CoD4 comes to mind.

Oh boy I missed that part somehow ,  damned can't wait X_X.