By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's wrong with 3rd party devs on the Wii??

@ookaze: It's hilarious to watch, but I'm concerned :P
Nintendo will sort things out, I know they can, they wont let the Wii die.
By "die" I mean leave their loyal fans and people who trusted in the console abandoned. Abondoned to a wave of casual and shovelware titles.

Around the Network

I have a Wii, it is the only console I have. I think the third party games on Wii for the most part are not to my taste. How many party games do we need to have on the Wii? I want to play a game on the Wii like Bionic Commando, Halo, Dark Void, or Castlevania.

I'm happy with the quality 3rd party titles the Wii has got so far

Re:4
Re: Umbrellla Chronicles
Zack and Wiki
Madden 07 (08 was meh hopefully09 is better)
Medal of Honor 2
Rockstar Table Tennis (like it better than Wii Tennis)
No More Heroes
Raving Rabbids
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Lost Winds
Lego Indiana Jones (multiplat)

Those are just the ones I own or have played.
Then you look at what's coming...

MadWorld
Fatal Frame IV
Spyborgs
Monster Hunter 3
Skate It.
Sonic Annihilation

to name a few and I'm sure that I'll be purcahsing at least 3 on the above list not too mention the games that we don't even know about.

But yeah like the fanboys say Wii has no games *chuckles*

I think the problem lies in 3rd parties aren't making money. See Nintendo can put out games from almost all of thier franchises and expect them to go multiplatium (million) with little to no advertising. A lot of gamers grew up playing their games and their franchises are ICONS.

But if a publisher like Ubi or Capcom or EA, etc. thinks they can just drop one of their games regardless if it's great or not and expect more than 300k+ to buy it with little to no advertising, then they are very dellusional. And this is what I think the problem is with 3rd parties on Wii.

A game like No More Heroes would've benefitted SUBSTATIANLY from advertisements. I mean even a little spot on CARTOON NETWORK (duh!) would've helped this game tremendously.

You can't expect to buy a banner or flash ad on the net and reach people. Most of us that patrol e-space know what we like, will buy or are leaning to. But the market as a whole is bigger than the internet, and a lot of these companies seem to just focus on the interent.

Sure it's cheaper to advertise and could potentially reach more people, but you have to know how to use it it.

/end rant

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

RolStoppable said:
BengaBenga said:

5) A good game takes about 2 years to make. So the big quality games will come earliest next year. We have seen some of these already. Monster Hunter 3, MadWorld, Spyborgs, Fragile. Expect a lot more.

That's where your whole argument falls apart and makes everything else you say in your post irrelevant and wrong. Rogue Leader for the Gamecube had a development time of less than a year and remember how good that game looked.

In other words, participate in the Mario Kart league regularly or I'll bash the hell out of you!!!

Dude, next weeks I'll be busy celebrating the glorious results of my country, so should you. See you in the finals! (Zu gast bei...). At least that's where you can beat TWRoO, the Brits aren't even competing. Sad.
If there are no matches I'll try to participate in the MK matches more often. I actually forget it most of the time. I do have to demand that NJ5 will compete too, otherwise I'll finish every match a pathetic last.

I'm not even thinking about responding to your actual point. You're trolling and you know it...

... actually I just don't have a real response.

That was an interesting read. I think we all feel 3rd parties aren't putting as much effort into Wii as they could, but seeing data listed like that really highlights the issue. Even Capcom have 2 highly rated ports rather than original titles. I'm hoping Wii's going to pull a DS on us, DS didn't have the best start but it has some fantastic games now.

Welcome to VGChartz btw

Around the Network

3rd party developers rush games out for the Wii. We get poor quality Wii games.