By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii storage solution, a grassroots campaign is in order.

So how long does it take to move something (Say 30 megabytes) from the SD card to the System (and Vice Versa)?

Around the Network

I think u shoiuld be able to store all the games that u want on your wii i mean i have not dl any wiiware but that would be very anyoying and make me mad they should add like a harddrive u can buy to store them all in or something

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

I said this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here:

I think Nintendo greatly underestimates the value of convenience, because I sure won't be shuffling games back and forth from SD cards. Lack of memory is going to be lost impulse buys. Sure, I'll still buy the big titles, but a quick fix is going to be trumped by no memory. We need a storage solution, now.

Funny how the pirates won't be worrying about storage solutions... the homebrew channel can run from sd. ARGH!

"To prevent piracy" is the stupidiest excuse possible. What Nintendon't (like the old ads) the piracy ALREADY HAVE DONE. Homebrew that access SD cards and USB storages, emulators that accept various controller configurations, etc.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Totally agree. Let's get to it, then!

Around the Network
radioioRobert said:

@mike_intellivision : Plastic shovels = shovelware (hence sending them to Ubisoft), and WiiWare has had pretty good titles (except the Ubisoft shooter, wait for Gyrostar) so shovels don't really apply. And I'm not mailing them SD cards or hard drives.

D'oh.

OK. Let's send them 3-1/2 inch disks as a symbol of storage.

They have no other use today.

Mike from Morgantown 

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

HELLFISH said:
I said this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here:

I think Nintendo greatly underestimates the value of convenience, because I sure won't be shuffling games back and forth from SD cards. Lack of memory is going to be lost impulse buys. Sure, I'll still buy the big titles, but a quick fix is going to be trumped by no memory. We need a storage solution, now.

Funny how the pirates won't be worrying about storage solutions... the homebrew channel can run from sd. ARGH!

This does need a solution, but Nintendo underestimating convenience? The entire point of the Wiimote is convenience. And it worked. I would say they know damn well how important convenience is. The thing is that it's not their only priority. Some other things conflict with that, like reliability. Each issue has to be taken care of as needed. So don't assume Nintendo doesn't think convenience is important, just because they aren't immediately focusing on it in one or two areas. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Obviously, I meant convenience as it applies to storage. And no, Nintendo does not think this is important as is evident by Perrin Kaplan's "refrigerator" quote.

HELLFISH said:
Obviously, I meant convenience as it applies to storage. And no, Nintendo does not think this is important as is evident by Perrin Kaplan's "refrigerator" quote.

No, it was not obvious. Some would mean it to imply Nintendo doesn't understand it in an way, and your statement wasn't clear on what you meant.

And her comment does not prove Nintendo doesn't think it is important, mainly because a lot of us have known her to make statements that don't fit Nintendo's official positions. So all that statement proves is that she herself didn't have anything better to tell us about the situation. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It is obvious because the last time I checked, the title of this thread pertains to storage, not Nintendo in general.

If Perrin's comments are not enough, then what about Satoru Iwata saying storage is not a problem and only affects an isolated number of owners. Or Tom Prata completely ignoring the question and suggesting the delete and (re)download option. Or what about Laurent Fischer's quote stating most owners are happy with the available storage space and that any additional would confuse users.

The flat out truth of the matter is no additional storage space is coming, and Nintendo as a whole do not regard this as problematic.