By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 will "blow people away!"

Squall_Leonhart said:
@ Starcraft

I played some of the game and what i played was great, but it is easy for a series to fall from grace (see SE with FFXII as that game was nowhere near as good as X, still good but not on the same level)
Has it stopped you thinking FFXIII will be amazing and commercially successful?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

@ Starcraft

It has made me a bit more skeptical than i would otherwise be anyway!

don't let Fox News hear that "blow" and "mass effect" in the same sentence could resurrect some bad juju.

when is this game out, 2009?

@squall

only difference here is FF12 was made by a completely different team....so one can't say the FF team is falling from grace

The FFX team have been working FF13 since ages..even before the release of FF12...

only if FF13 is bad can we say FF is falling as a franchise
_________

@Bioware

BOOOOO!!

WE WANT KOTOR 3!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@squall

only difference here is FF12 was made by a completely different team....so one can't say the FF team is falling from grace

The FFX team have been working FF13 since ages..even before the release of FF12...

only if FF13 is bad can we say FF is falling as a franchise
_________

@Bioware

BOOOOO!!

WE WANT KOTOR 3!

@everyone, FF XII was not a bad game!!!!!!!! It was just not as good as FF X and as you say, team behind X is makingXIII though it wont have turn based battles

I really like the idea of ME, and though I haven't got it yet (14 days to go!) I am really looking forward to it. of course they are going to hype their own game, but if they don't deliver, I think we may have to boycott them

Awesome. I wonder how they will handle the advantages the PC version has over the console version?

ME1 is a lot better on the PC (the textures are the same, but they were great to begin with). If the next one is even more advanced, the delta will be even greater. It might be the first mulit-plat game that really demonstrates how advanced PC's have become over the HD consoles.

Time to upgrade my PC! :)

Mass Effect 2 is right up there alongside BioShock 2, Resi 5, APB, Alan Wake, FF13 (hopefully) as the most anticipated of 2009.

If they fix the slightly clunky interface, make combat more satisfying and make the side quests more meaningful and varied, this will definitely 'blow' in a good way!

@munkeh111

FFX team is making it and,it still won't have turn based battles (it will have a weird mixture)....as its seriously time for a change, for the main FF team to once again innovate & break new grounds.

FF12 battle system was the best in any FF...imo

story & no decent characters was bad....you can't remember a character from FF12 in a way you might remember Riku, Yuna, Cloud, Aerith, Tifa or even Vivi (though FF9 was boring)
_________-

BTW History was so easy!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I wasn't saying that XII was a bad game, i still enjoyed it, but nowhere near the same level as X! Then again with X you had the transition to another platform and the graphical increases that go with that so that may have had an effect on the overall experience

Either way i'm sure ME2 will be as good as the 1st!