By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 recieves PERFECT 40/40 from Famitsu.

A great review from Japanese magazine for MGS 4 a perfect score. Great news.

Around the Network
Audiomatic said:
40/40 (from 2ch, unconfirmed)

Editor A
[kuoritei] and the volume which are too preponderant. As for the fan of the series beginning of course from this work, sufficiently, the kind specification which it can enjoy being many, *. Some being poor action, by all means, the work which we want doing. In addition to main part, 'also the metal gear online' has been complete both contents and support, the dead angle is not found completely.

Editor B
Well-known [sunikinguakushiyon] and the setting up are quantity, is boss game is healthy ill-smelling. Purchase and customization of the armament which is newer element than something are pleasant!
 It is super completeness with large volume of the extent which the demonstration scene of attention is unparalleled in other things. Furthermore also the online opposition which seriously considered the connection with the companion being possible, [otoku] it passes!

Editor C
The numbers of the news item which in enormous demonstration, old and new is adjusted. There is also a part which you can think that it is wordy a little, but you see to last moment and answer the sufficient. In addition, play style chooses freely, to do, to be packed, because the element it is many, also the after of the 2nd week is pleasant. As for the online as for the system and the rule which utilize the setting of main part * with, it repeated this and stopped wanting to play.

Editor D
Being automatic, mimesis it does, as for the” oct cam”, the system which is easy to know even in the beginner.
[kuoritei] of the demonstration scene there is no complaint. However, because the characters from the 1~3 work eye are many, we would like to enjoy the story sufficiently, if is, main point preparation. As for the online when it is the general soldier VS snake, being also a rule only of this series is the ○.

*Jaw drops* *total silence*

I don't rate their reviews much - but the real question is how much does the local Japanese market respond to them? Does 40/40 increase desire for MGS4 in Japan or not?

Anyone know whether good/bad reviews in Fam have affected sales of other games?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

it will be awesome if its true,japaneese love and respect famitsu,it will boost the sales trust me

Reasonable said:

Anyone know whether good/bad reviews in Fam have affected sales of other games?

I don´t think they do. If you look at Vagrant Story that got a perfect score, it was a flop sale-wise. How much they want to please their readers by giving some games better scores or how far publishers go in oredr fo famitsu to give some games better scores is unknown to me, however this is a common practice among western magazines as well. They all care about pleasing their readers and publishers. About famitsu´s Haze review, many non-english gaming magazines reviewed the game around 8/10 which is more or less the same score as Famitsu´s. Sites like gamerankings only track english reviewing sites/magazines, so they are far from reliable. 

Around the Network

Boosting sales, maybe, depends on how well the famitsu magazine sells

Anyhow it's surprising that it gets a perfect score, I was expecting a very high score, but perfect??? This is only the 8th game that scored a perfect in Famitsu, ya know

I give Famitsu a 10 out of 40.

Rock_on_2008 said:
A great review from Japanese magazine for MGS 4 a perfect score. Great news.

Rock_on_2008 said: (In http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28474&start=50)

If the game review site is outside of America it has no credibility.

No, YOU have no credibility Rock_on_2008!

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

phew... i was worried it wouldnt be as good as nintendogs for a while then...

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Nice....so far the Perfect score games Famitsu has given to I have REALLy Likes....especially FF12

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey