By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wiifit: where are they?

You'll see plenty of Wii Fit the launch week of MGS4.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

If those NA numbers for Wii Fit are accurate, this officially punches a hole in the "1st week sales were not for a full week theory."

Looks like Nintendo only shipped 1m units to NA for the initial release. It's not like they haven't been maintaining a track record of consistently under stocking hardware since Day 1.

I hope this doesn't mean NA will only see a trickle of units shipped for the foreseeable future. Even if the soft is supposed to have long legs, you just don't spend $30m (if that was the official figure) on a NA marketing campaign with only 1m units in retail channels. That's just irresponsible.

I'm also wondering if there is any correlation between this and the fact that NTDOY has dropped from $74 to just over $67 in the past two weeks. If so, Wii Fit has officially reduced the value of my portfolio. Lol!

radioioRobert said:
You'll see plenty of Wii Fit the launch week of MGS4.

The ninty strategy seems clear to me:

- Plenty of wiifit and mariokart on the MGS4 week.

- Brawl release at europe one week after MGS4 (that's the main reason why brawl got delayed over there).

So, the week i go buy MGS4, i will pick a wiifit for the wii i dont have. Is that it?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Yes. That's the strategy. Everyone planning on picking up a copy of a core gamer's game like MGS4 will instead buy Wii Fit and a Wii instead.

All jokes aside, this is just the same sales tactic Nintendo used during the release of GTAIV. It had absolutely no bearing on soft sales, but by providing the NA market with enough consoles, they are able to say that the Wii outsold the PS3 and 360 during the launch of what is supposed to be the biggest game release of 2008.

Around the Network

Greenmedic, Nintendo aren't trying to make people not buy MGS 4, they're trying to get the press' attention. Well not neccesarily the press, but they want to keep the fuzz to be around Nintendo, not Sony/MS

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

psrock said:

why would Nitendo have so much problem producing them.

I suspect it's not as easy as producting the bathroom scale is the reason.

Wii Fit boxes are probably sitting on boats and trucks on the way to stores.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i have predicted that wiifit will never pass GTAIV in overall sales...

Dont get me wrong, is not a production problem, here in Greece you cant find it anywhere...

Oops never mind

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo