By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wiifit: where are they?

130k in NA

37K IN others

? in Japan

It's almost impossible to find one anywhere and i am wondering why would Nitendo have so much problem producing them. We are not talking about a small company here,  what's going on>\?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

My theory.....remember that new Nintendo sku that is rumored to be on its way....

I think they're packing WiiFit in with the console...with Wii Sports....for $300.

They did push a lot out last week, but that was explained away by users of this site by the low "Others" numbers...

DMeisterJ said:
They did push a lot out last week, but that was explained away by users of this site by the low "Others" numbers...

This game was adverstised, talked about everwhere In NA and Nintendo shipped less than a  million, i dont get it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Well would you want to be stepped on? It's simple. They are hiding.

They should make a little Wii Ware mini game where you have to find and capture little Running Wii balance Boards..

It's 4am. Time to sleep.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Around the Network
psrock said:

130k in NA

37K IN others

? in Japan

It's almost impossible to find one anywhere and i am wondering why would Nitendo have so much problem producing them. We are not talking about a small company here, what's going on>?

Activision isn't a small company either, but they had even more severe supply constraints with the Wii version of the Guitar Hero 3 guitar, which is a much simpler device than the balance board.

It's just trickier dealing with hardware than software. The supply chain is more complicated and the costs of overproduction are higher. You don't want to pay to warehouse several million units to ensure you have enough stock to launch.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Whats more interesting is why are they (sometimes) supply constrained for Mario Kart Wii and yet manage to sell Wii Wheels?

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

I could see Activision not knowing how many guitars to produce and greatly underestimating demand...

However, did anyone think Nintendo would be able to sell less than 4 mil within the first month if they made that many?

That said, that's probably the main reason why they delayed the launch by almost half a year... Not even 5 months of extra production couldn't make a dent. Hmmm... the scary thing is... that means at this rate it will be sold out for at least a couple of years....

famousringo said:
psrock said:

130k in NA

37K IN others

? in Japan

It's almost impossible to find one anywhere and i am wondering why would Nitendo have so much problem producing them. We are not talking about a small company here, what's going on>?

Activision isn't a small company either, but they had even more severe supply constraints with the Wii version of the Guitar Hero 3 guitar, which is a much simpler device than the balance board.

It's just trickier dealing with hardware than software. The supply chain is more complicated and the costs of overproduction are higher. You don't want to pay to warehouse several million units to ensure you have enough stock to launch.

That game was released on 4 consoles. And the ps2 version outsold wiifit on its second week.

Next Gen 

psrock said:
famousringo said:
psrock said:

130k in NA

37K IN others

? in Japan

That game was released on 4 consoles. And the ps2 version outsold wiifit on its second week.

Gosh, I wonder if the 3.5 million guitars PS2 players were using with Guitar Hero 2 had anything to do with that.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.