By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do people keep claiming MGS4 is PS3's saviour?

well, scheck out my post and see for yourself how many people are buying hardware and software from my post...thats why I made it :)

Who's buying MGS4?
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28145&start=50

Around the Network
jerseyboy609 said:
well, scheck out my post and see for yourself how many people are buying hardware and software from my post...thats why I made it :)

Who's buying MGS4?
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28145&start=50

and thats off of this site alone

PS3 does not need a savior. All great games such as MGS4 will help sales.

This thread was stupid and pointless. Would you say Gears of War didn't help the 360 sell consoles? It didn't sell more than MGS1 or MGS2.

Can someone explain me when a game is a savior?

Monster Hunter in Japan was a savior?

No game is ever a savior. The term is completly misplaced.

Wii Sports help lead the Wii to #1. Gears of War helped the 360 take an early lead and gain real momentum. Neither game was necessary for the success of the console, though. It takes a lot of games...

Monster Hunter helps sales but isn't changing the overall view of the PSP much. No one game can sell a console, though. The PS3 has a ton of great games and will just continue to get them.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Well if you can't see the spike before GTA Iv and now a constant of 90K + instead of 70K then I don't know which graph you are seeing

GT 5 prologue cause a HUGE spike & has a solid pro-longed effect....

And now it is about 80k, thus, going down. All reality is no single game has had lasting affect.

Plus, why are some of you focusing on one little territory?

Focus on the big picture people. WW trend for PS3 has been going down for the 1st half of the year. 

80k? That now is really what I call rounding down numbers. Since when does 96K qualify as 80k and not 95k?

I guess people don't realize that when 1 game comes out no console will increase 100k per week. Although increasing 20K per week as it did after the release of GTA5:p and GTA IV is considered a rise in sales.

If MGS4 also does this we are looking at 100-110K per week insead of 90k. Now how anyone says that isn't a long lasting effect needs to have their eyes looked at, and quick.

GT5:p is showing a long lasting effect in EU and GTAIV is doing well too (remember it was multiplatform?), with an increased library of quality games it will only increase.

Even if it only raises the PS3 sales 10K+ per territory it is still considered a long lasting effect, no matter how anyone here tries to spin it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I keep saying it, good soft sales, small boost on hardware for a limited time (like GTA4)...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
I keep saying it, good soft sales, small boost on hardware for a limited time (like GTA4)...

BIG difference.

GTAIV is multiplatform so the increase will be smaller due to the fact that the game is available on multiple systems. 

MGS4 however has potential to do more since it is only on the PS3, meaning people WILL need to buy one in order to play, they can't just pick up a copy for the 360 or PC later on.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

I'm glad you brought this up. I'm getting tired of all the empty claims too.

mmnin said:
I'm glad you brought this up. I'm getting tired of all the empty claims too.

Actually they aren't really empty. The TC fails to accept the fact that in the PS3 in Others since the arrival of GT5:p has had a long lasting 20k+ increase in sales per week.

He says no game(s) has shown a long lasting effect, yet he is wrong. A larger library of high quality games will only increase sales more.

Then consider the price of the console compared to the competition.

For all we know, in a few weeks the TC could beating some MAJOR crow.

Currently playing: