By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA understands the Wii better than other developers - EA Sports titles

Well EA has definetly ahd its ups and downs. I mean they started off making a lot of quality games until the 6th gen where they got confortable in their top 3rd party dev slot and made run of the mill games. But since Activision and Ubisoft have either closed the gap or taken over them, they have to really be more open to new things and really put full effort in everything. Like Wii of course, they know what it takes to make money off of it and no that a core game will sell if made correctly.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Well EA has definetly ahd its ups and downs. I mean they started off making a lot of quality games until the 6th gen where they got confortable in their top 3rd party dev slot and made run of the mill games. But since Activision and Ubisoft have either closed the gap or taken over them, they have to really be more open to new things and really put full effort in everything. Like Wii of course, they know what it takes to make money off of it and no that a core game will sell if made correctly.

I think a lot of it has to do with their new CEO, John Riccitiello, who took over in Feb. of 07. He said at D.I.C.E. this year their policy of controlling companies they buy was wrong and did wreck them, and claim they will allow companies they buy to maintain their creative independence from here on out. He was also the one who said EA "bet on the wrong horse" with so little Wii support at launch.

Ever since Activison became top dog, EA seems to actually try to disrupt markets they don't already control or simply can't buy their way into. They made skate to disrupt the Tony Hawk series, and Rock Band clearly has disrupted Guitar Hero sense the next one is shamelessly ripping it off. (Both Activison series now)

It's yet to be seen if Riccitiello follows through on these promises, but he is at least aware of his company's faults.

GO EA GO!! I'm not a big fan of EA but if they continue like this i will get some of their games.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Hmmm... I might just get Fifa this year... Not sure what system though! Have to wait and see if the HD versions are better then the Wii version.

THE NETHERLANDS

Zucas said:
Yea Boom Blox isn't meant for kids haha. Kinda like how Zack and Wiki isn't mean for kids. Kids like things you can pick up and play quickly and then the challenge is getting a high score or online play. Ya know why a lot of kids like to play Halo haha. A puzzler just isn't for kids cause it makes them think to win a challenge.

That's not what I was saying, in my OP I said your, your kids, your parent and grandmother can play. My point was I believe that's the only place it's being advertised, and it is a game that reaches much further than that narrow market.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

Wow, If they continue like now maybe I buy a new Fifa.

Zucas said:
Godot said:
I agree with Zucas. Ubisoft have a lot to learn from EA. It's no wonder some people wished EA to purchase Ubisoft. What I like with EA and the Wii is that they don't consider Wii users to be retarded.

Yep at least they got the PR section of this right. I mean Ubisoft PR just completely goes the wrong direction. At least EA bullshits better haha. EA has also delivered a lot better than Ubisoft. Funny though how Ubisoft has 3 platinum Wii titles and EA has none. EA's only fault so far on Wii has been under advertising. If they advertise even just a little the Wii version of those sports titles, they can all go gold, and some even platinum. Same with a few of their titles, especially Boom Blox. EA deserves it more than Ubisoft.

Ubisoft's problem seems to be underdelivering. They hype and they advertise the Wii games, but they are hyping crap. Unfortunately its paying off more which goes to show media attention is what equals sales. Unfortunate eh.

MySims is a million seller, so EA does have one million seller on the Wii. I expect Boom Blox, Madden 09 and Tiger Woods 09 to all be million sellers as well. The Simpsons Game might actually make it eventually.

NBA 09 doing 2 on 2. Wtf that is ridiculous, this isn't NBA Jam. Still no NHL, sad sad day.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.