By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

Sullla said:

I know that this will be an unpopular view, but I really believe that PS3 (and 360) sales were elevated all throughout the spring, and are now returning to "normal" sales levels. Grand Theft Auto and (for PS3) the victory of Blu-Ray in the format war had sales much higher than usual for the first four months of the year. Now we're seeing the non-holiday sales of both platforms, that's all. It's not like the 360 is tearing things up either in America.

At the very least, I find that much more plausible than the notion that thousands of people are waiting for a new PS3 bundle. (Some of you are REALLY setting yourselves up for disappointment with Metal Gear Solid...)

I think you may have a point there ...

Around the Network

360 is outselling PS3....

Some great news here!!!!!!

Uh Oh. PS3 is d00m3d

Actually, many people at retailers are telling customers that the bundle is coming really soon. I guess the PS3 haters can be happy for a couple of weeks though.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

...i've recently seen stand-alone blu-ray players drop in price below the ps3. i'm not saying that's the sole cause for the ps3 numbers but it's probably not helping the ps3 any.

Stever89 said:
Diomedes1976 said:
I will wait for NPD data.

Yeah that worked last month.

I didn't realize that the 80 gigs were sold out. I thought they sold better than the 40gigs?

i think they didnt ship any for a while

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Eh, the MGS series has never been the definition of "system seller" so I don't know why people are assuming it's the PS3's savior for June. I mean, just look at its April sales with GTA4 coming out.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

Why the hell do people think the general population is just waiting for the 80GB model. Maybe I dont remember correctly, but wasnt the PS3 selling just plain terribly until the $399 40GB model was released.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

The fact that the 80Gb is coming back will probably boost sales as much as MGS4 itself.

Back when it was available in NA the 80Gb was roughly around 40-50% of PS3 sales in NA. ( pick any January week, motorstorm software sales are 50% of PS3 hardware sales).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Sullla said:

I know that this will be an unpopular view, but I really believe that PS3 (and 360) sales were elevated all throughout the spring, and are now returning to "normal" sales levels. Grand Theft Auto and (for PS3) the victory of Blu-Ray in the format war had sales much higher than usual for the first four months of the year. Now we're seeing the non-holiday sales of both platforms, that's all. It's not like the 360 is tearing things up either in America.

At the very least, I find that much more plausible than the notion that thousands of people are waiting for a new PS3 bundle. (Some of you are REALLY setting yourselves up for disappointment with Metal Gear Solid...)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Haha PS3 fanboys I await the dissapointing numbers when you see that even with the bundle it won't move alot of consoles. Cmon $499 is too high. Only ppl buying is the desperate SONY hardcore fanboys. They are trying hard though LOL. If it sells 350k thats an accomplishment even though it isn't alot. Its funny how all the top games for PS3 are always bundled and still has a waaaaay lower software ratio than 360 and even the casual gaming system that is the Wii(just pathetic really). Seems even SONY doesn't believe in its own console unlike MS with 360. I think we can finally have more respect towards Halo 3 as it didn't release a new controller, new console and no bundle and no $100 off in Walmart and BestBuy anddd a lower install base and still we all know it that it will have moved more consoles and sold more than SONY's pathetic attempt that is MGS4. HELL I doubt MGS4 can even beat GeOW in sales. HAHAHA!!! 

I feel bad for the 43581 people that bought a ps3, because next week for a 100 dollars more you could get.
+ 2 more usb ports
be able to play ps2(but the 40gb may get this in oct.)
+ 40 more GB
+ MGS4
+DS3(Because the 40gb still comes with a sixaxis)

PSN ID: getrdone25