By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

Walmart sales aren't tracked.

Around the Network

Darth, I'n glad to be of service. But, I must admit, I feel stupid for getting my Ps3 last year in July when I could 've got mine next week and scored a better looking one. At least the dualshok 3 will be sold seperately so I can play it on my Ps3.

I don't want to sell my Ps3 though. It's still looking good and I downloaded a lot of games like SuperStardust and Pixeljunk monsters.

Diomedes1976 said:
I will wait for NPD data.

Yeah that worked last month.

I didn't realize that the 80 gigs were sold out. I thought they sold better than the 40gigs?

that's why they're sold out.

Thank you I'll be here all week.

I know that this will be an unpopular view, but I really believe that PS3 (and 360) sales were elevated all throughout the spring, and are now returning to "normal" sales levels. Grand Theft Auto and (for PS3) the victory of Blu-Ray in the format war had sales much higher than usual for the first four months of the year. Now we're seeing the non-holiday sales of both platforms, that's all. It's not like the 360 is tearing things up either in America.

At the very least, I find that much more plausible than the notion that thousands of people are waiting for a new PS3 bundle. (Some of you are REALLY setting yourselves up for disappointment with Metal Gear Solid...)

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network
Stever89 said:
Diomedes1976 said:
I will wait for NPD data.

Yeah that worked last month.

Heh... that NPD topic last month was so hilarious to read as people went absolutely nuts.

@stever89

but they wanted to get Motorstorm out of the bundle & bring in MGS4...they just didn't expect the supply to go so quickly..

once could say that the 80Gb re-introduction may cause a bigger spike than MGS4 releasing itself.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

They are probably waiting for the Metal Gear bundle to come out

NA is just waiting for the 80gb.

PSN ID: getrdone25

getrdone said:
NA is just waiting for the 80gb.

lol at your predictions.

High accuracy. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!