By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

DMeisterJ said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Come on man. I'm as quick to laugh at the PS3 as anyone, but...no, there is no way it's in trouble. I think it is decidedly "out of trouble" and sailing on the verge of "popular."

Take the title with a grain of salt.

Darthdevidem can be a little... melodramatic.

lol, you're right.

Also of note, the Wii is really keeping that supply stream steady lately. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

MGS4 will hardly provide a bump at all WW over time. Short tem bump yes, short term. After that back to the norm like it always has. Moreoever all this talk about a Wal-Mart, haha. Can buy any SKU online right now.

This is proff that the 360 is far from dead and the Ps3 is far from catching it mabey all the sony far boys will stop countiong down the consles now

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

PS3 will do better when MGS4 launches so no need to worry just yet.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

DMeisterJ said:
Lots of people waiting for the MGS4 80 gig bundle...

Why did Sony ever discontinue that?

Anyhoo, yeah, lots of people waiting for that, as it's being advertised more and more if you go into Gamestop or Best Buy.

They expected the 40 GB model to sell better since it had a lower price point and I believe the 80 GB model may have been too far in the red for them.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

A slow week for PS3 in Americas, the calm before the storm.

PS3 sales in Americas will be over 150k with MGS 4 launch week. MGS 4 launch week will see the PS3 achieve a 400k hardware week sold worldwide.

You think MGS4 will move more sistems than GTAIV?

MGS4 won't, 80Gb PS3 will.

80Gb PS3 was 40% of PS3 NA sales before Sony stopped shipping them back in Feb-March

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Viper1 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Anyhoo, yeah, lots of people waiting for that, as it's being advertised more and more if you go into Gamestop or Best Buy.

They expected the 40 GB model to sell better since it had a lower price point and I believe the 80 GB model may have been too far in the red for them.

They're so dumb.

The 80 gig was selling extremely well. 

DMeisterJ said:
Viper1 said:
DMeisterJ said:

They're so dumb.

The 80 gig was selling extremely well. 

I think the plan to discontinue was well in motion before the 40 GB model even released so it was only after it was too late did the mistake become obvious.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I agree Viper, but I at least give them credit for rectifying their mistake, and realise that they need two SKU's. Although obviously not a perfect indicator, i have noticed a huge influx of posts on the Sony forums, with people planning to buy the bundle. I also could see a residual effect from GTA4 with the MGS bundle. thgere could be a number of people out there who held off to get both games and the bundle. In the end we will just have to wait and see what happens.

remember tho that ps3 has no 80gig in NA which means no BC so maybe thats why

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)