By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am starting to doubt there will be high budget 3rd party games for Wii

I eagerly anticipated for the big news from Capcom regarding the new Wii game. Was it going to be a new Mega Man adventure game? No. A Bionic Commando game? No. A Strider game? No. It's some cartoonish kiddie game that doesn't look interesting.

Yeah, the Wii is getting such games like Madworld and The Conduit, but those are rare offerings.

As a Wii fan, I am honestly disappointed. I seriously wish there were more third parties that had their top tier teams working on high budget games for the Wii. Maybe things will change if the Wii reaches an install base of 100 million.

I still hold out hope for a Castlevania Wii game.

Around the Network

OooSnap, they did it again.

I agree because most 3rd party games are made by the same engines that they used on the ps2 and Xbox, but of course they did some upgrading on them. It just easier and cheaper to make games on the wii.

PSN ID: getrdone25

Actually, that cartoony game Spybugz looks pretty good.
It certainly ain't Babyz.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Fight back by buying games like No More Heroes and other good M rated offerings.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

well i actually like spyborgs concept and if the game will have good gameplay and will be as fun as the trailer is i think it will be great title for wii owners.

monster hunter 3
fatal frame lV

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

boycott Capcom now? I got my pitchfork, who's with me!?

The game looks fine, it's a new IP give it a chance, at least it's not Prince of Ticklez.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Yeah imo the wii is really turning into a GC 2 for me....as in no games at all to buy

I havn't touched it for months...

Ofcourse with Brawl coming in 1 month to EU that WILL change

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

i think the game looks promicing - it ought to be simular to ratchet and clank and that's a great thing imo!