By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

My city is a tiny one located near Athens. It's quite beautiful but it's not a place to live as it's also quite boring ^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalcis

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
nextgreatchamp said:
Wow i would really like to travel outside of the country and visit some of these nice looking places. Most American cities are the same in architectural features.

I disagree. New York, Chicago, and LA are all considerably different from one another.

How your picture of L.A. looks like it could be New York. Just a bunch of skyscapers close together.    

That's Atlanta, GA.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

And there's also Athens, GA (home of R.E.M.)

Funny, that Dark Prince just mentioned the real Athens.

Now who doesn't love Greece, beautiful country and birthplace of democracy.

okr said:

Now who doesn't love Greece,

*Raises hand*

Well Greece is a great country if you're thinking about going vacations but it's awful to live here trust me ^^ 

Around the Network
.:Dark Prince:. said:
okr said:

Now who doesn't love Greece,

*Raises hand*

Well Greece is a great country if you're thinking about going vacations but it's awful to live here trust me ^^  

But many people seem to think so nowadays of their own country. Just look at all the UK depression here in this off-topic forum. It's sad.

@ ferret: Pendennis or St. Mawes castle, Falmouth ?

nextgreatchamp said:
rocketpig said:
nextgreatchamp said:
Wow i would really like to travel outside of the country and visit some of these nice looking places. Most American cities are the same in architectural features.

I disagree. New York, Chicago, and LA are all considerably different from one another.

How your picture of L.A. looks like it could be New York. Just a bunch of skyscapers close together.

That's Atlanta, GA.

Los Angeles has virtually no real "downtown" used for anything other than offices and all the architecture is vastly different once you look past the skyscrapers.

Traditional California architecture is unlike anything I have seen anywhere else.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I live in Birmingham, England, the greatest city ever. Even though we are the second biggest city in England, we are the best.

We are famous for such things like...

Aston Villa FC
Ozzy Osbourne + Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Judas Priest
Napalm death
Slade
J.R.R. Tolkien (he lived on the street next to where I live now)
Jasper Carrot
Rover cars
UB40
Duran Duran
Neville Chaimberlain
Sir Robert Peel (Inventor of the police force)
Tony Hancock
*Sigh* Cat Deeley
The moody blues
Ocean colour scene
The Twang
The streets
James Watt
Mathew Boulton
Extremely high crime rates
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes author)
Birthplace of tennis (apparently, I don't believe this)
Edgbaston cricket ground
Our dodgy accents

and so on

Also According to wikipedia Custard (the pudding) was invented here as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham