By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 is still the way to go for 3rd party developers?

Rock_on_2008 said:

IMO PS3 multi-platform games are better than 360 ports.

COD 4, DMC 4, GTA IV, Burnout Paradise City and Assassins Creed, PS3 version was superior than the 360 version. I rest my case.

You were proven wrong on 3 out of those 5 games just yesterday.

COD: 2xAA for the 360 version vs. 1xAA on PS3.  PS3 version has a slightly higher resolution. WASH!

GTAIV: Almost all reviewers agreed that the 360 version looked better, and it has a higher resolution.

Assassin's Creed: Complete wash.  More stable framerate on 360 version vs. slightly bigger draw distances on PS3 version.

Only Burnout looks better on PS3. 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

COD 4, DMC 4, GTA IV, Burnout Paradise City and Assassins Creed, PS3 version was superior than the 360 version. I rest my case.

Now, it pains me to go against a staunch supporter of my favourite console but....

Assassins Creed was sharper and glossier on the 360

Ok 4 outof 5 PS3 games superior than 360 version. All superior except for Assassins Creed. Review scores for COD 4, DMC 4, GTA IV and Burnout Paradise City were higher for PS3 version than the 360 version. Well lets not talk about the sales of those games. But PS3 with long legs will see that most of those games will end up outselling 360 version.

LOL Rock. You cheer me up.

Did you even ready the thread topic before posting?

The op did not provide a source and is just his opinion. I disagree and say the latest PS3 ports have been better than the 360 ports of the multi-platform titles. I only read Playstation Official site reviews. PS3 games on 50 inch Plasma HDTV look superior to 360 games. 360 games however look better than PS3 games if you only have a SD TV.

Mostly it doesnt seem to matter which they demo the game on.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

Well often times these conferences showing such footage is usually in America, and well the 360 is kicking the crap out of the PS3 in terms of overall user base. The trend will change, but it will take a while :P Many newer games are being made to tailor well to the PS3 hardware, and by that I mean multi-threaded coding :P I mean in recent news wasn't Bioshock coded that way?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

The X360 is the index platform of this gen. The devs probably have their latest build of upcoming games running on the X360, while not always the PS3.

But it doesn't affect the end result which is that multi-platform games look nearly identical. The PS3 versions usually havea bit washed out colors, less crisp textures but better anti-aliasing

Rock_on_2008 said:

This is totaly untrue. It has been highly documented that the PS3 version of multiplatform games have all suffered from the following:

Framerate issues

Blur (huge problem)

Texture Tearing

That is just to name a few. There have been like one or two that were actually better but not by much. GTA 4 is better on the 360. I have seen that with my own eyes. My friend owns the PS3 one and I have the 360 one we both own the same HD television too. On to the subject at hand, Gamespot, IGN, 1UP, and EGM have all done these comparison and the 360 always wins. PS3 hardware has potential but hasn't met it yet.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

I get most of my HD games on PS3 since i bought it, this is because i prefer PS3 controls and my fear that my 360 will scratch more disks. The only games i get on my 360 now are exclusives. Also IMO PS3 has better graphics and online.

PS3 doesn't have better graphics or online. Plus usually the multiplatform games tend to be better on the 360..... and the PS3 controller sucks for FPS games like Call of Duty.