By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamepro unveils Halo Chronicles :-)

starcraft said:
This is sounding better and better. I'd love to have a solid, regularly updated single player experience in the Halo world. The refocussing of the series towards multiplayer to the detriment of single player in Halo 2 was a mistake.

Fortunately Halo 3 had an excellent single-player experience, if a little short.

For these to have good quality; they would need a massively sized dev team to put new campaign missions out regularly(though it is Microsoft's re-headed child). It sounds very nice but I don't think they will stay true to that promise. 

The idea of more story in Halo sounds very cool, the complete lack of any creativty(story wise) in the entire seris botherd me tons.

Around the Network

Marathon remake pretty much confirmed in my eyes. BTW marathon had a pretty good story line and AI's way cooler then Cortana.

Hopefully they add more to the Halo universe and story. I can't see myself buying episodes based on Halo's current characters (Despite MC's popularity, he is an aggravatingly generic hero) and story arch, as they were the poor points of the franchise.

With that said, this definitely sounds intriguing and unique, I'll keep my eye on it.

rocketpig said:
xbebop said:
rocketpig said:
Frodaddyg said:
rocketpig said:
ChuckG16 said:
please anything not like MGS4, i dont need that kind of crap if i wanted 90 min cutscences id watch a movie worth my time

Dunno... Jackson, like Kojima, is prone to directorial masturbation and stretching everything into eternity.

So this should be a 2 hour game followed by 26 "endings"?

There were only 26 endings in Return of the King? I could have sworn there were over 40.

Good God, that movie dragged on forever.

For those of us who have read the books, RoTK was far too short. ;)

Well, the zombie ghost army quest ate up a fair amount of time.

Personally, killing Saruman and therefore skipping the Shire being enslaved is what pissed me off the most.

Yeah, that was disappointing.  The complete removal of Tom Bombadil and the reworking of Aragorn's (mental and literal) journey to the throne annoyed me as well.

But they are still excellent films, and by far the best visual adaptations of any novels yet, imo.

OT:  These should be excellent titles.  I love PJ's work. :)

Why do people always bring up Tom Bombadil? He would have been a waste of time.

Around the Network

Cant wait for this. Also the game is supposedly being made with Peter Jacksons CGI team doing the graphics. Something tells me that this game in terms of graphics alone will kill all competition. Also I trust Peter Jackson 150% after he turned my favourite book into 3 amazing movies. His on screen storytelling is amazing. After reading the first Halo book "The fall of Reach" which if Halo Chronicles is a prequal is where the game will be set, it will be absolutely brilliant. Peter Jackson and Bungie, Possibly the best combination I've ever heard of.

Advertising would be good to, expect lots of Cinema adverts for this one(with Peter Jacksons ties and all. Bring IT ON.

Ssyn said:
starcraft said:
This is sounding better and better. I'd love to have a solid, regularly updated single player experience in the Halo world. The refocussing of the series towards multiplayer to the detriment of single player in Halo 2 was a mistake.

Fortunately Halo 3 had an excellent single-player experience, if a little short.

For these to have good quality; they would need a massively sized dev team to put new campaign missions out regularly(though it is Microsoft's re-headed child). It sounds very nice but I don't think they will stay true to that promise. 

The idea of more story in Halo sounds very cool, the complete lack of any creativty(story wise) in the entire seris botherd me tons.

This is a joke right? I am absolutely sure that people saying this have either never played it or had there eyes and ears closed the entire game. I'm a big sci fi fan and films included Halo Trilogy(plus the books) was one of my fave sci fi stories to date. Not in this thread but couple of weeks back someone posted that the flood was tagged on. Clearly that person never played it as the whole point of the rings exsistence was because of the flood. Fair enough some people don't like sci fi. But as a sci fi story is awesome. And is NOTHING like Starcraft(people who mention this also obviously havent played Halo).

selnor said:
Ssyn said:
starcraft said:

This is a joke right? I am absolutely sure that people saying this have either never played it or had there eyes and ears closed the entire game. I'm a big sci fi fan and films included Halo Trilogy(plus the books) was one of my fave sci fi stories to date. Not in this thread but couple of weeks back someone posted that the flood was tagged on. Clearly that person never played it as the whole point of the rings exsistence was because of the flood. Fair enough some people don't like sci fi. But as a sci fi story is awesome. And is NOTHING like Starcraft(people who mention this also obviously havent played Halo).

It boiled down to savin earth from the covenant and didn't focus enough on much else; halo 3 could of expanded what halo 2 started with the ark and the other rings soooooo much more and... they barley did. I've read the Halo books also and they seemed to have potinal; Like stated in this thread trying to copy MGS style would be a massive mistake but adding maybe twice the amount of cutscenes from the other halos (not to much if you think about it) and make the cutscenes have more meaning then the game would really have a chance of a great story.

I know not many will agree but this is why I didn't like Halo story wise(only storywise):

- Turning it into save da earth theme in halo 3 was a mistake

- Very minsucle if any real character development(then again it is an FPS, but that is why I'm skeptical about it having a more involved story)

- The idea of the Rings seemed abit stupid, a weapon to kill everything so the flood can't eat? If you know anything about how hard it will be to put people in to space like you see in Halo(of coruse its fiction) then finding a weapon that would easily kill flood(without taking away all life in the galaxy) can't be that difficult for them.

^^The rings were created many thousands of years before humanity.

Anyway, Chronicles won't be a Marathon remake, as it's a prequel. But the secret thing Bungie is doing might be.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Right, but the forerunners obviously were in the space age and for them to be able to figure out a way to kill every biological thing in the galaxy(100000LY radius or something right?) other than the flood seems abit awkward.