By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EDGE REVIEW: Metal Gear Solid 4

colonelstubbs said:
Hang on a minute....i thought they only gave 10/10 to Halo 3....they gave 10/10 to ALL THREE HALOS!!!

Edge can suck my balls from now on. If this isnt pro-xbox 360 (giving a measly 8 to possibly the most groundbreaking game ever) then im a chimp and my name is bart simpson

I award all three Halo games a 3 out of 10 each well they are on XBox consoles.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Imperial said:
kowenicki said:

I dont get the Sony fanboys on this site.... its pathetic.

You do not own the game yet!!!

"wont accept less than 9/10", "I give all Ps3 10/10" its a joke it really is. Nintendo and 360 fans can be bad,... but nowhere near this level of childish stupidity. I am having increasing difficulty in sorting the sarcastic from the real these days......

So starting numerous threads about one company is worse than saying I don't like a review for a game that I really like.

Have a slice of STFU.

Have no idea what you just said.... but...

someone giving their own opinion is one thing... saying it is unnacceptable for someone else to be allowed to give theirs is another. You didnt say you didnt like a review... you said i wont accept anything less than a 9/10 thats blind fanboyism for a game you havent even played yet!

I was referring to Nintendo fanboys starting 100 threads about the Ubisoft situation.

I won't accept a review score of less than 9/10 because I pretty much understand everything about the game you could understand without actualy playing it ( and that's alot) even if the gameplay sucks ( which I seriously dought it will) this game is incredible  , the amount that's been put into this game probably surpasses every single game put out this gen. This is a game of seriously high qualtiy , that's why I don't even care what reviewers say about it , I won't accept a 9/10 from a reviewer because the game is a 10/10 in my own mind.

Halo 3 got 10/10's high overatted , yet when I say I won't accept anything less than a 9/10 for probably the best game of this generation thus far i'm a blind fanboy ?

Again I say have a nice slice of STFU.

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
TheBigFatJ said:
It seems like all of the sources that aren't official playstation magazine are giving it 8/10 and all of the official playstation magazines are giving it 10/10.

Why the disparity?
After all the hype the game revieved as the first big PS3 exclusive (actually there were many titles hyped as the first big PS3 exclusive, but after poor sales they were played down), did you ever envisage official PS magazines giving the game less than perfect scores?

starcraft I know you enjoy if it gets low scores,,but here are some of the non PS magasine ones:IGN gave it 9.9
CVG gave it 9.5
gamepro 10/10
GAME master 9.7/10

I've never heard of game master.  Are you aware that CVG initially used the same review as PSM3 with a changed score and that they are owned by the same entity?Konami really screwed up by trying to taint the review process.  Its now impossible to view as legitimate any review that succumbs to their rules and restrictions.  Fortunately, some reviewers have said they will wait till the title is out and then provide a proper review.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@starcraft

what is groundbreaking about halo 3

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

colonelstubbs said:
starcraft said:
colonelstubbs said:
Hang on a minute....i thought they only gave 10/10 to Halo 3....they gave 10/10 to ALL THREE HALOS!!!

Edge can suck my balls from now on. If this isnt pro-xbox 360 (giving a measly 8 to possibly the most groundbreaking game ever) then im a chimp and my name is bart simpson
It may be a good game, but whats groundbreaking about MGS4 exactly?

I'll answer that if you can tell me why all three bleedin' halos deserved 10s

My mistake I'm affraid, apologies. Halo was 10/10, halo 2 was 9/10. Halo 3 10/10 still though. They have given their rare 10 score to 4 games, out of a total 9 ever, in the last year. Maybe their standards are lowering.

Database of Edge scores: http://www.edge-online.co.uk/edgedb/

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
starcraft said:
colonelstubbs said:

It may be a good game, but whats groundbreaking about MGS4 exactly?

I'll answer that if you can tell me why all three bleedin' halos deserved 10s

I haven't said (nor do I believe) that all three Halo's even come close to being the "most groundbreaking game ever." 

So I ask again.  What it groundbreaking about MGS4?

@Kowenicki

Your entire post history consists of trolling the PS3 or playstation fans whilst praising Microsoft. I wouldn't talk about hating fanboys if I were you.

Kratos said:

@starcraft

what is groundbreaking about halo 3

Forge is (or at least was) unique as far as console games go.  Other than that, nothing in Halo 3 was groundbreaking at all really. 

Where did I say it was?

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
TheBigFatJ said:
It seems like all of the sources that aren't official playstation magazine are giving it 8/10 and all of the official playstation magazines are giving it 10/10.

Why the disparity?
After all the hype the game revieved as the first big PS3 exclusive (actually there were many titles hyped as the first big PS3 exclusive, but after poor sales they were played down), did you ever envisage official PS magazines giving the game less than perfect scores?

starcraft I know you enjoy if it gets low scores,,but here are some of the non PS magasine ones:IGN gave it 9.9
CVG gave it 9.5
gamepro 10/10
GAME master 9.7/10

I've never heard of game master. Are you aware that CVG initially used the same review as PSM3 with a changed score and that they are owned by the same entity?Konami really screwed up by trying to taint the review process. Its now impossible to view as legitimate any review that succumbs to their rules and restrictions. Fortunately, some reviewers have said they will wait till the title is out and then provide a proper review.

yea ,,we will wait indeed,,i m buying it day 1 and will be enjoying it regardless.

beside you said million times youa re not intrested in this game ,,why would you bother post in the firsy place?

not happy to loose NGII from your AAA title list?it's good game enjoy it and don't be so stuck on the reviews

I remember when Metroid Prime 3 got a 7/10 from EDGE, and we Nintendo fans where like "wait, what?", and Sony fans where like "stfu whiners :D"

Good times.