By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EDGE REVIEW: Metal Gear Solid 4

I don't care about the score or the review itself but come on:

For much of an opening act which is arguably its best, Metal Gear Solid 4 is less a sneaking mission than a cowering mission. Alone on a new-age battlefield, made to take orders from a man he barely knows – himself – Solid Snake is scrabbling for a bearing, doing the best he can to keep his body upright, his mind intact. Trampled by athletic mechs, chased by nihilistic soldiers, and forced to ally himself with faceless militias, he is outnumbered and outgunned, but above all outmoded.

This has to be some of the absolute worst writing I've ever seen.   

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:

this has been posted

search button is your friend

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28187 

That just has a score.  Some people like to actually read the articles :)

I dont trust Edge at all,they tend to crucify hyped games despite its quality because some elitist obsession about not liking what everybody else.The same as eurogamer

I prefer to stick to these :

CVG:9.5
IGN UK:9.9
Meristation:10
PSM:10

Good review :P From what I've heard Edge is hard on games anyway and 8/10 from them is phenomenal ^^ The review was quite positive and that last bit was awesome :D This game is going to be godlike >: )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

kowenicki said:

I dont get the Sony fanboys on this site.... its pathetic.

You do not own the game yet!!!

"wont accept less than 9/10", "I give all Ps3 10/10"  its a joke it really is.  Nintendo and 360 fans can be bad,... but nowhere near this level of childish stupidity.  I am having increasing difficulty in sorting the sarcastic from the real these days......

Oh its you again. Are you on some sort of quest to put down every Sony fan on this site?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Any reviewer who does not give MGS 4 a perfect 10 out of 10 review score I take as a personal insult and those reviewers must be trolling with their anti-PS3 propaganda.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Any reviewer who does not give MGS 4 a perfect 10 out of 10 review score I take as a personal insult and those reviewers must be trolling with their anti-PS3 propaganda.

loooooooooooooooooooool

that was histerical man

ROFLLLLLLLLLL

you're sounding like SDF lol  

kowenicki said:

I dont get the Sony fanboys on this site.... its pathetic.

You do not own the game yet!!!

"wont accept less than 9/10", "I give all Ps3 10/10" its a joke it really is. Nintendo and 360 fans can be bad,... but nowhere near this level of childish stupidity. I am having increasing difficulty in sorting the sarcastic from the real these days......

DING DING DING, we have a winner! this is what I say about almost every PS3 exclusive that gets over hyped (KILLZONE 2).

Anyway, who are we boycotting this time, konami or edge?

Now for the serious on topic part of my post:
8/10 is not a bad score at all, even though I've never read anything from Edge, apparently it's a harsh reviewer, so 8/10 is clearly a good score. Also, 80% is a High Distinction at uni, so that's got to count for something (okay I wasn't being entirely honest about the "serious" part).

@CAL4M1TY
You are right, Edge are harsh (Examples of harshness, Mario Kart Wii 6/10, probably deserved though or FFX 6/10) , and I find more credible then nearly every website.

They gave MSG2 and 3 8/10, no different I guess. And 8/10 from Edge is a great game.

Although, 10 for all 3 Halo's isn't great in my view.

Hmm, pie.

It seems like all of the sources that aren't official playstation magazine are giving it 8/10 and all of the official playstation magazines are giving it 10/10.

Why the disparity?