By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 the most controversial reviews in the world.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/06/03/two-mgs4-reviews-two-authors-same-words-different-scores/

Am I reading this right? CVG and Gamesradar used (copy and pasted?) PSM3 UK's MGS4 review on to their site to be used as their own reviews and gave the game different scores? the point that they won't write their own review is already strange, not to mention it was taken from a Playstation magazine of all sources. Are they reviewing the PSM3 review or the MGS4 review?

Chalk up another controversy for the MGS4 review scene.  

Around the Network

hmm that is very weird,i wonder why they would do that

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Sucks for the PSM3 author who didn't get credited.

What is that sound I hear? Oh, it's the reputation of the gaming press being flushed down the drain.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The article also says that CVG, PSM3, PSW, Gamesradar and Edge are all owned by the same company (Future Publishing)

Around the Network
bbsin said:
The article also says that CVG, PSM3, PSW, Gamesradar and Edge are all owned by the same company (Future Publishing)

Only one review should be counted from those five subsidiaries of Future Publishing.

bbsin said:

but they could atleast change the reviews a bit

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
bbsin said:

but they could atleast change the reviews a bit

They changed the score, isn't it enough? :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

MGS 4 deserves perfect scores across the board. It is a shame that it will not happen. An 8 out of 10 from Edge put an end to MGS 4 of getting the highest review score average of all time. :(

Rock_on_2008 said:
MGS 4 deserves perfect scores across the board. It is a shame that it will not happen. An 8 out of 10 from Edge put an end to MGS 4 of getting the highest review score average of all time. :(

So how long did it take you to complete it?

I give that post a 9.1.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.