By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I played Ninja Gaiden 2 today for 4 hours and...

I'm on Warrior.

Granted, I had the sun shining on my TV screen through the blinds, which made it difficult to see at times, so maybe it is easier. But so far it seems as if enemies are much more aggressive and better at flanking and countering than they were in NG, at least this early on.

It equals out in the end, but I'm not sure which approach I prefer.

Around the Network

I noticed the enemies do some friggen awesome stuff. I will be blocking a guys attack and as soon as he stops attacking I am about to swing at him and he does a little jump backwards and tosses shurikens at me. You really have to get counter attcks down to take on the crowds. Especially the dogs. They are relentless in their attacks and exploding shurikens. Groups flock you and some hang back and throw shit at you. But realizing and overcoming gives you and awesome feeling. I have not felt so bad ass playing a game since I don't know win. The finishing moves are friggen cool too. Once an enemy looses a limb, you can perfom a finishing maneuver on him. It is awesome to have a 30-40 hit combo on 5 enemies and then finish the last one off by doing an awesome slash and beheading him. Damn awesome game.

@ disolitude
no not snes games but ones like cod 1 and moh european assault when you knocked the ps2 off you went back to the start of the mission.
i remember defending the tractor factory in cod 1 for 3 or 4 days.
but i enjoyed them as you say that is the point wanting to beat it because it is good.

anyway i will take your advice and try the demo it is up on live i think.
thanks reask

Good to read your point of view. A friend had told me exactly the same kind of bullshit many reviewers are talking about. This friend could hardly get into the first game so I put little weight on his opinion. It seems most of the reviewers are like that, they just suck. I'm glad it seems the game is great as I hoped, can't wait to finally play it (side note: I will definitely get the game from my friend, he was not really into it and besides, he just got -again- RRoD, lol)

Aaaaarghhhh I hate exclusives. How am I ever going to be able to decide between PS3 or 360????

Heavenly Sword vs Ninja Gaiden 2: 360
Lost Odysse vs Final Fantasy 13: PS3
White Knight Chronicles vs Infinite Discovery: Undecided
Tales of Vesperia vs Valkyrie: 360
Blue Dragon vs hmm we're out of PS3 RPG's: 360
Splinter Cell vs MGS: tough one, but even though I absolutely hated MGS2 I think: PS3
Halo 3 vs Killzone: I hate generic FPSes with aliens
Ratchet vs Banjo: PS3 (since Banjo will be 80% racing)
Fable 2 vs Uncharted: 360
Little Big Planet vs Viva Pinata: PS3
Gears 2 vs Resistance 2: 360

That's 360: 5, PS3: 4. Doesn't really help. I hope Capcom screws up one version of RE5.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Aaaaarghhhh I hate exclusives. How am I ever going to be able to decide between PS3 or 360????

Splinter Cell vs MGS: tough one, but even though I absolutely hated MGS2 I think: PS3

That's 360: 5, PS3: 4. Doesn't really help. I hope Capcom screws up one version of RE5.

Just to warn you, R&C isn't much of a platformer either. It's 70% shooter with 20% platforming and 10% absolute shit flying levels.

Frankly, I was incredibly disappointed with the game. That 20% platforming was brilliant but the shooting was incredibly slow and boring and the flying levels are borderline unplayable.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with your preferences. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

BengaBenga said:

Get both; the 360 is cheap enough now and you get the bonus of having a blu ray player.

I have to disagree with Rocketpig's opinions about R&C however. The flying levels weren't that bad and constituted barely 20-30 minutes of playtime. Shooting was fine unless you expect it to be on GoW's level or something.

This could inspire to buy the PS3 ninja gaiden game....it must be cheap right now...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

BengaBenga said:

LOL. That was funny man. I love comparisons like this...

Do what I did, get both. :) Look for a good 360 deal...and find ps3 used as they sem to be bulletproof.

I'd prolly get a 360 first and play some of those games that are out(its got more games worth playing now) and then when FF13 and Killzone and resistance are out...sell it for ps3.

colonelstubbs said:
This could inspire to buy the PS3 ninja gaiden game....it must be cheap right now...

DOOOOOO IT! ;)

It would come in great after MGS4 and yeah...its like 20 bucks now.